My mate wants to know

Obviously not me but my mate (*ahem) who is reaching 45 later this year wnats to know what you have to do?.

How close to his birthday does it have to be to have his medical?.

Who should pay for it me or them?.

■■■■ typo.

jammymutt:
Obviously not me but my mate (*ahem) who is reaching 45 later this year wnats to know what you have to do?.

■■■■ typo.

he should get a reminder in the post , it should give him plenty time…

You then find the cheapest quack that will do the medical. Usually they will sign everything as OK if you can walk from the waiting room unaided. It’s bloody hilarious that this so called medical is done by anyone other than your own GP. Take the p out of the system that takes the p out of us.
(I’m lucky, my GP is also a mate and all it costs me is a cup of tea)

This “ahem, mate” does he live near you because driversmedicals.com/_locations.html do the medical for £52 in Colwick and Lincoln. Less expensive medicals are available, but I would tap your boss up, he may want to pay for your “mate”

I’m 45 years young on 3rd feb, I had my forms just before Xmas. I had forgotten all about it till they appeared out the blue.

I’m 24 :grimacing:

I just had mine (Have to have them every 5 years here anyway) and passed well. BP 100/70… Not bad for a 42 year old smoker, drinks like a fish when he gets the chance, van driver. Even passed the eyesight with 7 year old glasses… I am beginning to think the doc may have cheated…

bobthedog:
I just had mine (Have to have them every 5 years here anyway) and passed well. BP 100/70… Not bad for a 42 year old smoker, drinks like a fish when he gets the chance, van driver. Even passed the eyesight with 7 year old glasses… I am beginning to think the doc may have cheated…

Yes great results,but will this stay the same for the next 25 years?
As when driving,THINK AHEAD!

jammymutt:

■■■■ typo.

My first medical was at the renewal after my 45th birthday, in my case it was 15 months.

Like the CPC it just another tax, try your boss as he can put it down as an operating expense.

alamcculloch:
Like the CPC it just another tax, try your boss as he can put it down as an operating expense.

Hardly a tax as it’s usually payed in cash and goes straight in the doctor’s bin!

It makes the wheels go round.

jammymutt:

■■■■ typo.

Very generous of you JammyMutt, paying for your mates medical :smiley:

Just a tad curious on this one…What does BP have to do with this medical?
When I had my medical for my license, two and a half years ago, BP had nothing to do with it.
It was done by my GP who usually does my BP.
I have very high BP and cholestoral…I pride myself on this fact…I have had both since my first medical at 21 years of age…I am now 45 and still here!

Steve-o:

So was I once!
There were no medicals except the first, no DCPC to worry about,no VOSA etc., etc.
It’s all paying out now methinks, with little coming the other way.

The doctors signature on the medical form D4 will be valid for 4 months.

INF4D will give you information on what to do about the medical.

axletramp:

Steve-o:

So was I once!
There were no medicals except the first.

So was I once!
I don’t remember there being any medical when I got my class 1

att:
Just a tad curious on this one…What does BP have to do with this medical?
When I had my medical for my license, two and a half years ago, BP had nothing to do with it.
It was done by my GP who usually does my BP.
I have very high BP and cholestoral…I pride myself on this fact…I have had both since my first medical at 21 years of age…I am now 45 and still here!

My dad had his medical, passed all the simple things, he wore a monacle for the eyetest, walked out of the surgery posted his application and got his licence and test date. Half way through a hill start he dropped dead, that was back in 1977

It seems BP has a lot to do with it, 44 tonne trucks and heart attacks do not mix well

jammymutt:

■■■■ typo.

He (ahem)/You will get a reminder in the post, subject of course to you having your correct address on your lcence. As to paying for it, well that all depends on how tight your boss is, mine wouldn’t pay :cry: . I used an outfit called doctors on wheels, as they are more than 50% cheaper than my local doctor.

tachograph:
The doctors signature on the medical form D4 will be valid for 4 months.

INF4D will give you information on what to do about the medical.

axletramp:

Steve-o:

So was I once!
There were no medicals except the first.

So was I once!

I had a medical when I applied for my provisional HGV in 1972. The next one was when I was 46 when my licence was renewed.

tachograph:

That happens when you get older. Next you’ll be walking into rooms and forgetting why you went into them. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: