Medical Prices.

I would like to know what you guys think on the area of Medical fees from your own pocket… :cry:

I’am 23 yrs old/young and really looking forward to getting my HGV test, and just recently my local Doctor quoted me the fee of £120 pounds for a medical.

Really a disaster to me, a lorry driver told me he just paid £20 pounds for his, he tells me it may depend on the actual doctor, I just don’t know, can you guys shed an light on this subject for me… :question: :question:

Also have you guys any supportive advice or tips for a young would be truck pilot ■■

Just love the wagon work, and always have done, can’t wait to get behind the wheel of a Scania 143m 500, what a motor for their senior years… :laughing: :laughing:

I was just recently out with my friend in a Volvo FH16 520, awesome machine and could and will pull all day with real ease and class…Impressed…Yes… :sunglasses:

Cheers you guys, really appreciate your kind help.
Keep the wheels turning and the power planted to the board… :laughing: :laughing:

You can e-mail me direct - scaniaenthusiast@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers.

Welcome Mark, nice to see someone from the home country :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

For medical costs see this thread.

I’ve got my medical of friday with my local doctor, £55 if I am paying, £105 if my employer is paying.
That ■■■■■, why should an employer have to pay an extra £50?

And another thing, why does the Dr have to do all your measurements himself, height, weight, urine, BP, eyes and all the rest, where are the practice nurses?
The medics in the forces medical centres did all this for the Dr, wrote it down on paper and the Dr looked it over and then spent his time doing a proper medical examination.

Had mine done in December and it cost £75 not back for 15 minutes work.

Got mine for free back in 1994. The medical only lasted a few minutes and my doctor said it wasn’t worth charging for. He also did the same for my dad when he renewed his licence.

Recently though, another doctor has joined the practice and I think they now charge around £40 which is a lot better than some of the rates I have seen.

from what i can gather it varies from practice to practice. its like anything else, shop around. go through your yellow pages and call them up. it never hurts to ask
good luck

Krankee has already posted a thread…so follow it…i looked at one site some time ago and i think there was a price of £28 mentioned…certainly a lot better than the £100 mark so its worth shopping around…by the way when the hgv licence first came about we had to take a medical…they were so new in those days that my doctor didnt know what to charge…in the end he said does 50p sound right i couldnt get out of there quick enough…how times change.
have a nice day

the doctor apollogised to me when he took my cheque for £85 after a 10 min consultation :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

My friend has just booked his medical with his GP at Bridlington, East Yorks.

£65

At JuSt Drivers we work alongside a medical company who have branches all over the UK. They charge £38 for a medical and £5 of that goes to charity.
Give them a call on 01454 317436 or see website

Welcome to Trucknet UK ScaniaV8 and justdrivers.
I also got my Medical free as I helped my doctor out
a time or to but if I had to pay it would be about £50
normally. £120 pounds for a medical seems very steep
and is over the recommend price I think which Is stated by the
road haulage association. (The BMA advisory figure is presently £67.50)
rha.net/public/adviceandinfo … /lgv.shtml

OK so it’s a vocational medical your all talking about, but try living over here where every medical test, Doctors visit, Hospital visit/stay etc etc has to be paid for by the patient, yes even with health insurance most people still have to pay at least 20% (Basic Doctors Visit 50 quid!) I 've quit paying for health insurance, can’t afford $700 a month anymore!

Our vocational medicals are not covered by health insurance anyway, so we have to pay full wack too.

$700 a month

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

V8KARLV8:
Welcome Mark, nice to see someone from the home country :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

A75 Racer, Pull your mirrors in !!!

Ha Ha that brings back memories used to do the A75 delivering straw used that road for about 10 years saw some sights

:laughing: :laughing: yea i can imagine :laughing: :wink:

convoy:
£120 pounds for a medical seems very steep
and is over the recommend price I think which Is stated by the
road haulage association. (The BMA advisory figure is presently £67.50)
rha.net/public/adviceandinfo … /lgv.shtml

One of our drivers had his medical on a Saturday last year - doc charged £120 for medical and said driver lost a days pay - Very expensive.