Medical

Hi guys
newbie here so 1st a big HELLO to you all.Please forgive if this has been asked before but im looking to take my 1st steps into HGV driving all i need to know is does the Doctor (providing its not my Doctor) need full Medical history or will it be the regular blood pressure,eye test etc
thanks in advance

More of a box ticking exercise while handing the cash over in from my experience, not really sure how they get away with it :unamused:

lol thanks wrighty1

Hi George

Had mine a week last Sunday, was just a case of the doc asking all the question have you had this that etc…and an eye test and that was it.

Shop around for your medical i paid £40 for mine but some firms wanted £95

Good luck

Yeah you can get ripped off easily, def shop around,

Mine took around 10-15 mins, mostly questions and paperwork, then eye test and the lady i had examined my neck too, dunno bout that maybe she wanted to get closer to get a sniff of my hi karate/tabac 33 aftershave combo … :laughing:

If you wear glasses you should be ok taking a copy of your prescription, I used these for the medical and they have numerous offices around the country. ryminster.com/driver-medicals/

Eyes/prescription and blood pressure, the rest is bollox and can be made up if it’s not your own GP.
That’s how the system works, and it’s wrong! :imp:
Or should be…

Thank you guys