Medical at 5O Question please

Hi guys

Not been on here in a while…can anyone tell me what the requirement i.e. timescales for having the lgv medical for the 50th birthday are please…and if anyone knows of any company that does the medicals as close to the leeds area as possible please… my GP wants 160 quid for the privelage but I can’t afford it …

thanks in advance guys n gals

Forms sent out automatically about 2 months before its due, go to any GP it doesn’t have to be your own, just give a few surgeries a ring and ask how much they charge and pick the cheapest

thecoder0:
Hi guys

Not been on here in a while…can anyone tell me what the requirement i.e. timescales for having the lgv medical for the 50th birthday are please…and if anyone knows of any company that does the medicals as close to the leeds area as possible please… my GP wants 160 quid for the privelage but I can’t afford it …

you could try asking at a local driver training company , i refused to pay my doctor for the same reason he wanted £120 for the medical for my hgv and psv so i told him no ( that would have come to £240 :open_mouth: ), i then contacted a local training firm who had just started doing them for drivers , i was told the medical would cover both licences and i got it done for £65 all in .
if the mods are happy for me to do it i can post the name of the company for you but its in bolton so not very near to you .

I used this mob, although it was done in a Big Yellow Storage unit in Chelmsford. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

driversmedicals.com/

Coffeeholic:
I used this mob, although it was done in a Big Yellow Storage unit in Chelmsford. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

driversmedicals.com/

Have used them as well - they keep the price down by carrying out medicals for companies who have their own on site medical room (usually First Group bus companies) and then using the same facilities for ‘outside’ medicals.

Coffeeholic:

driversmedicals.com/

dont you have to wait till they are in your area though ■■ or travel miles to where they are ?
still alot cheaper than the doctors though .

it was sorted pretty quick when i had mine so i was happy with it . :smiley:

bowser:

Coffeeholic:

driversmedicals.com/

dont you have to wait till they are in your area though ■■ or travel miles to where they are ?

When they used to come to Stoke it was every week and knowing the turnover of First Group bus drivers I can safely assume it would be the same nationwide!! :laughing:

thecoder0:
Hi guys

As far as I’m aware there is no time-scale for having a medical at or near your 50th birthday, in order to keep your LGV entitlement you should have the medical at 45 then every 5 years thereafter until you reach 65.

Assuming that you had a medical when you reached 45 or after then your next medical will be 5 years from the date of the previous medical but as said you should receive a reminder.

Medical Form D4

Medical Form Information

have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955
I got mine for £30 from this link, my own doctor wanted £120 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

bowser:

Coffeeholic:

driversmedicals.com/

They have locations all over the country.

driversmedicals.com/_locations.html

I just went to Chelmsford for mine as I wanted it quickly when |I decided to renew the licence after all and I would have had to wait while for an appointment nearer home, such as St Albans, Redbourn or Harpenden.

Hiya i got my medical two months ago…its in a campervan 400yards from the pops truckstop
Its called doctor on wheels and cost £51. it was ok …a chap come out as i got into the
layby and the next chap went in i sat there 20 mins(i was early) or so. the doc called me
into the van and checked me out…as i left a driver was at the door and another chap for his psv
medical asked me if he was in the correct place… mega busy £150 odd quid a hour.
back to the question i was 60 in Jan but the licence is,nt due till 11th march so it is,nt
right on your b/date…theres a site on TN telling you about medicals and the costs.
John