HGV Medical

Turning 45 next month and the DVLA have just sent me a D4 medical form. My GP has quoted £120 for a medical seems very expensive. Heard about websites where you can get medicals done for around £50 to £60, and I remember seeing in truck stop free papers adverts for them but dont get to truckstops very often so can’t remember website address or phone numbers. Any one got any recommendations for medicals in the Leicestershire or East Midlands region?
Hope someone can help :question: :question: :question: :confused:
Thanks for reading.

The search function is your friend

NTSA

515278574552742a9ccbd7.jpg

I have googled it and searched this forum but was after recommendations from drivers who have used the websites like doctorsonwheels or medx or drivermedicals etc. Don’t want to waste time and money.

doctors on wheels

Did my first medical at the Orwell truck stop near Ipswich. Man in a van who wanted me in and out as quickly as possible so he could get someone else in. Can’t remember the exact cost but I think it was around £70-£80.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955#p201025

derby medicals

Hammy747:
Did my first medical at the Orwell truck stop near Ipswich. Man in a van who wanted me in and out as quickly as possible so he could get someone else in. Can’t remember the exact cost but I think it was around £70-£80.

This will have been “Doctors on Wheels” and they are rubbish !!!

I got some Romanian doctor who claimed to have done hundreds of these medicals yet filled out the form incorrectly regarding my type 2 diabetes, I then had to convince the DVLA that I was fit to drive by having a diabetic review with blood test etc. Took two months to sort out and a lot of stress, would not recommend.

go to your own doc better the devil you know pays in the long run take your form to spec
savers for eye section belive me learnt the hard way mate goodluck

Why do you not simply change the photo and get another 5 years before next medical is due ?

Providing you have not had a licence issued since late 2012

£48 Leicester medical = gettingamedical.co.uk/locations/leicester/

its a loop hole good luck to you doing that but its not good sound avice rather
know I was fit to drive and insured

It is a rip off but to be honest is it that bad to get a mot for yourself rather than a box ticked medical.

tippertom:

What if you passed at age 21 and did not have one at age 40 when you could have needed it? - no requirement to do so at 40 !!

Did my last one with Doctors on wheels in St.Albans,in and out in 15 minutes for £59.Jobs a good un. :wink:

tachograph:
Cheap Medicals - Nationwide (Updated 29/06/17) - USEFUL LINKS (POST AND READ ONLY) - Trucknet UK

I often wonder why I bother with this… It would appear that very few people read it, and I can count on one hand the members who link to it, like you did…Thanks for that :slight_smile:

My annual class 1 aviation medical costs £135, you’re being done like a kipper.

Wherever you go, take the time to sit down and read the forms from front to back before you leave. As mentioned above, the slightest mistake can cause no end of hassle. The form is not brilliant as they sometimes tick ‘no’ when you are ok, and sometimes ‘yes’. As in “Can this applicant see his hand in front of his face?” Ans = yes. “Does this applicant have difficulty finding his ■■■■?” Ans = No. It’s easy for the doc to make a mistake that delays your licence and puts you off the road.

Another point is do it as soon as you can in case of problems that can be corrected.

Kate:

tachograph:
Cheap Medicals - Nationwide (Updated 29/06/17) - USEFUL LINKS (POST AND READ ONLY) - Trucknet UK

I often wonder why I bother with this… It would appear that very few people read it, and I can count on one hand the members who link to it, like you did…Thanks for that :slight_smile:

It’s still a useful thread Kate, it does get mentioned but usually people say something like “there’s a cheap medicals thread somewhere do a search” rather than posting a link to it.

Driver-Once-More:
doctors on wheels

How’d you get yourself banned tonight? Obviously you can’t reply so maybe a relative, friend or investigating officer can respond on your behalf.

tippertom:

+1.