Murffits thread

Join in the banter.

if were gonna take the ■■■■ out of murffits dont forget they were all ex SAS and are likely to absail down the side of your house swing in through the windows to seek stealth like revenge.i think they had a recruiting office in hereford which recruited drivers for both big wheels and little wheels but on seperated days of course.was it small wheels parking at the pub macon and big wheels at the BP.Still they kept the rest of us amused

Is this them
transportphotos.com/road/photos
JLC00238-10.jpg

There were hundreds of trucks in the fleet,wagon and drags,big and small lorries.

thanks a lot .

europleb:
if were gonna take the ■■■■ out of murffits dont forget they were all ex SAS and are likely to absail down the side of your house swing in through the windows to seek stealth like revenge.i think they had a recruiting office in hereford which recruited drivers for both big wheels and little wheels but on seperated days of course.was it small wheels parking at the pub macon and big wheels at the BP.Still they kept the rest of us amused

Wasnt “le pub” at Bourg en bresse.
■■■■ ,too much information - now i will have to kill you !! :laughing:
Shared a few beers with Murfitts drivers in the past and i thought they were ok tbh.Seemed to be more of a rivalry between them and Rennie Hoggs at the time ?

Suedehead:

europleb:

Wasnt “le pub” at Bourg en bresse.
[zb] ,too much information - now i will have to kill you !! :laughing:
Shared a few beers with Murfitts drivers in the past and i thought they were ok tbh.Seemed to be more of a rivalry between them and Rennie Hoggs at the time ?

yep spot on matey the pub was at borg my mistake

Muppets circa 1973

toby1234abc:
Join in the banter.

hey guys anyone worked for murfitts in the early 90’s? i was one of the fridge drivers contracting for mcains. it would be nice to hear from some of the boys from back then.my name is brett yates i was the one one with long hair and from london so anybody about let me know.cheers lads :smiley:

what about murffits legend macon pat carnt forget him. :laughing:

JohnyRose63:
what about murffits legend macon pat carnt forget him. :laughing:

Or Spanish Bob :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think they used to have quite a few Married couples double manning for them as well. I used to run down to Italy from Macon with one couple quite regular.

They had many characters, like any big company, some you looked out for, some you avoided, but most you couldn’t understand them with their carotene fuelled dialect :smiley:

Derf:
I think they used to have quite a few Married couples double manning for them as well. I used to run down to Italy from Macon with one couple quite regular.

Cant beat a ■■■■■■■■■ . . now wheres me keys :stuck_out_tongue:

what i couldnt understand was why they would fight amongst themselfs :laughing: i remember them kicking
off regular in the pub at bourg it was good entertainment :laughing:

JohnyRose63:
what i couldnt understand was why they would fight amongst themselfs :laughing: i remember them kicking

Funny how every one saw Murfitts scrapping but in my time there - I was out for 6 weeks at a time for them and can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I didnt park up with other Murfitts drivers at weekends (Artics, fridges and draw bars) … couple of barneys between individuals but nothing more than hand bags at dawn… Bourge, Macon, Campogaliano, Carisio, Dover, Veurne, Via Stephen- all places that we were all supposed to be beating hell out of each other every night, I never saw it once.

The myth has really far outgrown the reality :unamused:

Rikki-UK:

JohnyRose63:

Funny how every one saw Murfitts scrapping but in my time there - I was out for 6 weeks at a time for them and can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I didnt park up with other Murfitts drivers at weekends (Artics, fridges and draw bars) … couple of barneys between individuals but nothing more than hand bags at dawn… Bourge, Macon, Campogaliano, Carisio, Dover, Veurne, Via Stephen- all places that we were all supposed to be beating hell out of each other every night, I never saw it once.

The myth has really far outgrown the reality :unamused:

i saw a couple of incidents at the pub bourg and carisio. one weekend the genndamarie was called it got quite messy. i remember a scouser who drove for them and he made that much nuisence of himself
one sat night in the pub a belguim driver i was sat at the bar having a drink with commented on what a pest he was we drank up and left :blush:

gazzer:
Muppets circa 1973

spelt differently Gazzar,must be another outfit!"

europleb:

With such indepth knowledge of the company workings you must have been an “insider”.

Pure class, just like some of the tales from a murfitt driver.

All joking aside, I met many a muppet on my travels around Europe and baring some tall tales they were mostly good lads.

Cheers
Neilf

This is the sort of comment that amused Murfitts so much- if you had any real idea of the company and drivers you would know it was made up of characters - and yes we did like the envy that others had… and milked it- perhaps the 2nd best company I ever worked for. being the biggest and the best sets you up for everyone else to have a go… the best thing about Murfitts is we all found it funny- If you hadnt heard a rumour about a Murfitts driver by Monday it was obligatory for every Murfitts driver that you had to start one.

And lets be clear here Murfitts were bought down by a few… not by the majority, and by managements not stamping on what was going wrong… I worked for a manager by the initials of CJ… who tried to push me… once I refused as most did I got moved to work under Ray…who never pushed me. the vast majority at Murfitts ran as legal as anyone else and we all lost our jobs because of a few who didnt have the backbone to say NO