Would you go back to murfitts if they started up again?

I for one would go back as the work was easy no chasing about parked up 3pm friday started again 8am monday morning and no phone calls saying “Where are you what time you gonna be there”

I know my mate tiny would go back on, he is always saying that was some of the best times he has ever had

I never worked for them but others have told me they were a good firm to work for, would work for them if work was offerd

I never worked for them either but doubt I could afford the beer money. Friday 3pm till Monday morning at 60bef a drink :laughing:

i never worked for them (passed my class 1 just before they closed/sold up) but theyre the reason i started driving abroad :grimacing:

i,m was very sad when murfits packed up, weekend entertainment supplied by brawling drivers in macon was deeply missed!!!

browncow2:
i,m was very sad when murfits packed up, weekend entertainment supplied by brawling drivers in macon was deeply missed!!!

knew it wouldn’t be long :unamused: i wouldn’t hesitate to work for the family again if I were ever looking for work, but no way norfolkline

thats why they were known as the muppets always fighting with each other and spoiling good places to stop

browncow2:

lol bless em

Murfitts took all the spaces at Saint Andre de Cubzac.Didnt Rikki from TN used to work for them?

Had some good weekends in Italy with Murfitts drivers . Also with R H - Rennie Hogg ?from Nottingham - Whatever happened to them ?
Anybody remember a driver on Murfitts - “Pennine Pete”, think he was from Chesterfield - had a Eurotech w+d

Yup I used to work for them, and if I ever was to go back to Euro driving and they were in business, I would go back in an instant. No job is ever 100% perfect, but they to work for were as about as easy going as possible. Not the flashest wagons or greatest money in the world, but the money was there every week and rarely wrong.

Did Murfitts have wagon and drags on behalf of a Kellogs cereal contract,sure one of the drivers said he was on route to Andorra.And went to Switzerland with Rice Crispies. :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
Did Murfitts have wagon and drags on behalf of a Kellogs cereal contract,sure one of the drivers said he was on route to Andorra.And went to Switzerland with Rice Crispies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thompsons ?

I was on for murfitt on fridges, excellent company to work for i would go back it was fun apart from tipping at T$@#O!

Never drove for them but would love to go back on the “Italian job” circa mid 80s/ early 90s.
Happy days.

I never worked for them, but had some good nights, with a few, "Sad Bob " in particular, he showed me the ropes on my 1st Rumo trip, held my hand all the way from, Belgium to Bucharest, in the mid 90s(especially "Elviss Bar" in Hungary) He was a saint. A couple of them came to Bergen, but Id left by then

kerbut:

toby1234abc:

Thompsons ?

Murfitts did a hell of a lot out of Kelloggs Wrexham/Manchester/Bremen on contract when I was there, and I think Valls (Tarragona) too later

YES,thats it,Thompsons had Kellogs all over EU.Strange how haulage has changed,now,no one has the time of day for anyone,compared to the "Good old boys"that would answer any problems and questions without making out you were a ■■■.Get a beer bought,and next time you met them,a few weeks later,could return the compliment.No calls of “Are you there yet”,"What do you mean,you are only there,you only left the ferry at such a time"etc,etc.Or run to your end of time,of a 9 or 10 hour drive.Up to me when i stop.How many drivers in the UK have time to chat when in the queue for Burger King and MC`Donalds.French law was a 3 hour lunch,not sure how they ever got the job done.Coffee and croisants at the rouitier,or a cola cao in Espanha.

I’ve never worked for them but I think the question you fellas are really asking yourself is “Would you like to be fifteen years younger” :wink: