MPs Replies

Drivers are starting to receive replies to the letters they sent out in support of my campaign. :smiley:

Any replies worth reading will be posted for you all to read, so far most are acknowledgements with follow ups later :confused:

Michael Howard MP Conservative Leader has replied and it is not worth the paper it is written on :cry:
I will be re-writing for a decent reply.

Tom Brake MP Liberal Democrat, Shadow Secretary of State has replied
Reply :arrow_right:

12th July 2005

Dear Mr Tozer

I write further to your letter of 4 July, in which you highlighted the problems faced by yourself and other professional truck drivers. I have also been onto the Truckersworld.co.uk website to gain a better understanding of the problems faced by you and your peers.

In your letter, you noted that ā€œproblems that drivers face in the UK need to be looked at and given full consideration to avert further protest or actions being consideredā€¦ an opportunity for Government to realise the unrest within the profession and only by talking can the changes required be considered, looked into and acted upon.ā€

This is a very sensible approach and my office has made enquiries into how you can make your voice heard. The Road Haulage Forum is a Government initiative which seeks to foster a constructive dialogue between those who operate in the road haulage industry. Mr Martin Jones has responsibility for the Road Haulage Forum. He is Head of Logistics Policy at the Department for Transport, Zone 2/24 Great Minister house, 76 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR. I have passed on your letter to Mr Jones for his consideration.

I hope you will get in contact with Mr Jones, as I do believe that dialogue is the best way forward. In the meantime, thank you for raising your concerns with me. You have made a sterling effort in setting out the concerns faced by professional drivers working at grass-roots level; I will give due attention to these as we review our policy in the months to come.

I will contact you again when I receive a reply from Martin Jones.

Yours sincerely

Tom Brake
Liberal Democrat MP for Carshalton and Wallington

I will obviously be following up on the replies and continuing to fight for drivers to be listened to. :wink:

If you receive a reply, I would appreciate you forwarding it onto me so that I can post it for all to read, and to build up a file for use in the future.
Thanks for your support :smiley:

As always any remarks on this letter or the campaign would be grateful and read in full

No Comments. ā– ā– ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Initial read, I thought maybe he was taking notice.
Second read, Heā€™s passing the buck and donā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  :cry:

I maybe wrong and hope I am, looking forward to reading more replies

Sorry to be the eternal Cynic Baz, but Martin Jones is probably the spotty oik in the office who has a body odour problem.

And now he has something interesting to keep him out of the way :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
but Martin Jones is probably the spotty oik in the office

Got to agree :unamused: :unamused:
But if enough spotty oiks go to the man I am after, ā€œAlistair Darlingā€ then it will be worth it.

Already replied and I will keep pestering until someone listens.

bazman:
Tom Brake MP Liberal Democrat, Shadow Secretary of State has replied
Reply :arrow_right:

12th July 2005

Dear Mr Tozer

I write further to your letter of 4 July, in which you highlighted the problems faced by yourself and other professional truck drivers. I have also been onto the Truckersworld.co.uk website to gain a better understanding of the problems faced by you and your peers.

In your letter, you noted that ā€œproblems that drivers face in the UK need to be looked at and given full consideration to avert further protest or actions being consideredā€¦ an opportunity for Government to realise the unrest within the profession and only by talking can the changes required be considered, looked into and acted upon.ā€

This is a very sensible approach and my office has made enquiries into how you can make your voice heard. The Road Haulage Forum is a Government initiative which seeks to foster a constructive dialogue between those who operate in the road haulage industry. Mr Martin Jones has responsibility for the Road Haulage Forum. He is Head of Logistics Policy at the Department for Transport, Zone 2/24 Great Minister house, 76 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR. I have passed on your letter to Mr Jones for his consideration.

I hope you will get in contact with Mr Jones, as I do believe that dialogue is the best way forward. In the meantime, thank you for raising your concerns with me. You have made a sterling effort in setting out the concerns faced by professional drivers working at grass-roots level; I will give due attention to these as we review our policy in the months to come.

I will contact you again when I receive a reply from Martin Jones.

Yours sincerely

Tom Brake
Liberal Democrat MP for Carshalton and Wallington

Apparently as a constituent of his Iā€™m not deemed worthy of a reply (other than the postcard confirmation of receipt of my letter his secretary sent me).

Although all he has done is pass the buck anyway,I suppose itā€™s in the training they recieve for ministerial positions ( heā€™s shadow,shadow Secretary of State for Transport) So if they ever do get into power :unamused: heā€™s getting his practice in now :exclamation:

Nicely worded letter, pointing out to who (or whom) one should correspond with on this subject matter :exclamation: :exclamation:

Received a reply from Tony Blair

As you have already written to the Rt Hon Alistair Darling MP, the Department for Transport will reply to you direct in due course.

Am I going to have to wait until after the 10th October, while they all go on a
little holidayā– ā– ?