"Campaign" survey

The Details of the “survey” is 10 post down, have a look :laughing:

The campaign that you have been signing above is now starting to get attraction, and the battle plan is as follows :arrow_right:
It will be a short campaign aimed to bring to the spotlight the feelings of truckers (hence your comments)
Aiming for 1st June or July depending on input.
We will be drafting different letters, including your comments, and other documents to :arrow_right:
The Sun, The Mirror, The Star, The Sport, The daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, and other media.
The Jeremy Vine Show.
All MSA operators.
The 3 main Party leaders and transport Ministers.

We will also draft a letter that you can print and send with the comments to your local MP, the letter will address parking, security and facilities for HGV in their constituent area, and other points.
You will be able to add your own questions within the basic letter. Any replies that are sent to us, (via you) will be posted for all to see as will our replies.

It is hoped to send all letters on the “same day” and I hope a lot of you will send at the same time to your MPs.
With luck, we are hopeful that it might lead to a few meetings, and some publicity, where we can go into more details the specific problems, and we will be inviting a respected person to accompany us to any such meeting.

If anybody has any idea’s of who else to contact, or any other suggestion please tell us, on here or by e/mail. :bulb: :bulb:
It is a “Truckers Campaign” So get involved. :exclamation:
If you have not yet signed, then please do, do not forget that this is a campaign to highlight our feelings and is not aimed at one specific problem, that will hopefully follow

You can add your Name and/or Comments to the campaign at :arrow_right:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/campaign.htm

Read the comments others have made at :arrow_right:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/camp1.htm

Thanks for all your support.
The more that add their Name the better.

The Jeremy Vine Show.

do you have too :laughing: :laughing:

sorry for being stupid but is this campaign to get rid of the wtd or just poa’s?
as for jerremy vine, his words today “the working time directive,this is something i wasn’t aware of” nuff said!

paul b:
sorry for being stupid but is this campaign to get rid of the wtd or just poa’s?
as for jerremy vine, his words today “the working time directive,this is something i wasn’t aware of” nuff said!

the lot plus whatever you want to add :wink:

Baz, you say you may submit the letters in July. Might be an idea to check when parliament and the MPs are on holiday, less impact if they arrive on their desks while they are away and get buried in the mound of stuff they will have on their return. I know they do have several weeks off around that time.

good comment Coffeeholic
The aim was not to let it drag on , but worth looking at.

Paul B
The campaign is aimed at getting us heard

Kit Kat
By any means possible, If one starts to listen others may follow.

nothing wrong with that mate, i think everyone would agree something has got to happen! my only concern is, after looking at the site and the campaign there seems to be a bit of “us against them” us being employees and them being employers but it’s the employers who’ve had their arms twisted into excepting the wtd and then having to enforce it upon their work force, if we’re going to go down the road of getting rid of p.o.a’s because it means employees are being exploited and not getting the intended bennifit of the wtd then i can’t support it simply because theres a hell of a lot of drivers who are now relying on p.o.a’s to make the job pay! i don’t pretend to know the job inside out, far from it but as an owner driver i do know how little profit there is in one wagon and one driver, the idea that drivers will end up getting paid the same money they used to get for 60 hours for working 48 is just not realistic and if thats the way employers are pushed then they will either fold or worst still employ cheap foreign drivers to replace their existing work force and nobody wants that!
i’m all for banging on the door of no.10 to get things sorted but i think we all need to be clear as to what we want to achieve before we start knocking.
paul

Paul B
The Campaign is Headed “Enough is Enough”
Many drivers are up in arms (annoyed) that we never seem to get consulted on matters that effect our working conditions.
I used the article in “The Sun” as the last straw, which specified the POAs. only to highlight the campaign.

The main aim of this campaign is to make people in power, realise that we need to be consulted. “We are the Professionals” and would like to have a say on our future.
The POAs are not going to be changed for a period of time, David Jamieson mentioned 18 months on the radio. If and when that time arrives, and we manage to arrange to meet him.
We would again return to this forum, our own, and onlinetruckers, and ask you the drivers for your views.
I respect your views on the reason for not signing the campaign. but
Try to look at it on the whole scale, and not just POAs.
Parking, Security, MSAs, RDCs, Congestion, Tolls, Roads, Plus others.

For a long time now, Nobody has listened to us “The Drivers”
The Campaign is aimed at changing that. “By Talking” not action.
Any “meetings” that are arranged, will be dated so we have time to come back and Ask You for your comments

thanks for the reply,
paul.

Now 88 have signed up :slight_smile:
Be great to get that 100 by this W/end. :smiley: :smiley:
Plus any comments on others that we could contact would be appreciated, or other idea’s to get us heard. :question:

Paul B now signed, he sked a Q and we answered.
Others that have not signed, please tell us whyso we might be able to answer your Q

im in

Can’t think what to write just at the moment but agree with all the other comments so I’ve just added my name to the list. :slight_smile:

Get on it Baz :slight_smile:

Survey :arrow_right:
The “campaign” you have all been signing with thanks, is starting to get going with over 100 signatures so far :slight_smile:
more are wanted :smiley: :smiley:
One of the main points to continually come up is the “Lack” of overnight parking, and facilities.
This will be one of the main issues we will be addressing.
The link below will allow you to fill in a simple survey. So that we can access the parking facilities around the country. :frowning:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/survey_page.html

Those older ones amongst us must remember that when they took the log book of us for the tacho.
It was stated " All towns will provide an area with facilities for overnight lorry parking"
This survey should show us how many actually do.
Thanks for all your support, :smiley: and TruckNetUk for allowing these links. :smiley:
Please sign the Campaign :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and fill in the Survey :laughing:

Sorted :exclamation: :slight_smile:

Bazman,

I’m certainly in sympathy with your aims but feel it would be inappropriate for me to sign as being retired and not living in the UK might devalue your case.

More power to you all though.

Salut, David.

Enjoy your retirement spardo (lucky you)
but thanks for letting us know your reasons, we aprreciate knowing why some are not signing. and respect their views.
cheers mate

We now have info on these towns :arrow_right:
Corby, Melton mowbray, Southampton, Sheffield, Middlesborough, Heanor, WSM, Skegness
Tell us about your town :question:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/survey_page.html