From Truckersworld

The campaign that you have been signing above is now starting to get attraction, and the battle plan is as follows :arrow_right:
It will be a short campaign aimed to bring to the spotlight the feelings of truckers (hence your comments)
Aiming for 1st June or July depending on input.
We will be drafting different letters, including your comments, and other documents to :arrow_right:
The Sun, The Mirror, The Star, The Sport, The daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, and other media.
The Jeremy Vine Show.
All MSA operators.
The 3 main Party leaders and transport Ministers.

We will also draft a letter that you can print and send with the comments to your local MP, the letter will address parking, security and facilities for HGV in their constituent area, and other points.
You will be able to add your own questions within the basic letter. Any replies that are sent to us, (via you) will be posted for all to see as will our replies.

It is hoped to send all letters on the “same day” and I hope a lot of you will send at the same time to your MPs.
With luck, we are hopeful that it might lead to a few meetings, and some publicity, where we can go into more details the specific problems, and we will be inviting a respected person to accompany us to any such meeting.

If anybody has any idea’s of who else to contact, or any other suggestion please tell us, on here or by e/mail.
It is a “Truckers Campaign” So get involved.
If you have not yet signed, then please do, do not forget that this is a campaign to highlight our feelings and is not aimed at one specific problem, that will hopefully follow

You can add your Name and/or Comments to the campaign at :arrow_right:
www.truckersworld.co.uk/campaign.htm

Read the comments others have made at :arrow_right:
www.truckersworld.co.uk/camp1.htm

Thanks for all your support.
The more that add their Name the better.

just my personal opinion, but if the campaign organisers were to state clearly that this campaign will “NOT” involve the abolishment of p.o.a’s “IF” the wtd stays in place as it is, then i think it would gain a lot more support, i for one would happily sign up.

paul b:
“NOT” involve the abolishment of p.o.a’s “IF” the wtd stays in place as it is, i for one would happily sign up.

Paul B
I can confirm that we are not looking to abolish POAs.
We are aiming to be heard as a “Voice” for truckers that want to be consulted on their future.
If and when particular complaints are heard.
We will once again “Ask” truckers their opinion first.

fair enough baz, i’m in.

just added my thoughts hope we get sumwhere

nice one baz im in just dont loos sight of whot you want a few years ago a chance to unite drivers was lost on this site, (edited) i think go slow days could be aranged to help get attention, drivers can join in with out ther boss nowing as you can just say it was the guy in front.just asking wont get you squat

this post has been edited to keep within the rules :wink: mrs mix

I support the idea of go-slow campaigns.

Also I think we could arrange some crazy-parking campaigns to draw attention to the lack of parking fascilities in the UK. Imagine the roads around city hall being occupied by parked up truckers for 2 days !
I’m crossed when seeing the length the councils will go to when being asked to provide parking for t.ex a football match and yet they have no sense of responsibility towards their everyday hard working truck drivers.
We only need to take a look at the motorway layby areas in Holland and Belgium to see how easy and cost effective the government could solve the parking problem. We don’t need any more over priced MSA’s just plain and simple parking areas.

■■
Jo

Owens_girl:
I support the idea of go-slow campaigns.Jo

So far the campaign has had no negative response and going by the comments being received feelings are pretty much in line with Truckers being of low morale and Completely cheesed of ( no language)
“Owens Girl” as much as I agree that sometimes action is neccessary, If we can make as many people as possible “aware” to just how we get treated and start to make people listen to our concerns. then this has got to be the first avenue.
If and when that fails, and someone says action, then at least we can say we tried every other avenue first. Which in turn could get joe public on our side.

Coffeeholic has said the best time might be when MPs return after summer holidays to launch this campaign, which I think will be a good day. Plus it will give me time to get together more facts and figures.
This W/end I will be setting up a survey and asking you to fill in.
Basically asking about parking facilities in your towns. Details will follow.
Keep signing
Thanks again for supporting it.
barrie

bazman:
“Owens Girl” as much as I agree that sometimes action is neccessary, If we can make as many people as possible “aware” to just how we get treated and start to make people listen to our concerns. then this has got to be the first avenue.
If and when that fails, and someone says action, then at least we can say we tried every other avenue first. Which in turn could get joe public on our side.

barrie

I couldn’t agree more !
And that is why I have started writing letters to all the MP’s in our council that are sending me PR material to get my vote, and asking them what exactly they would like to do about our councils responsibility to provide basic parking for all the HGV’s visiting our council. With the heavy industry of the Corus works it is quite some big numbers and we have not provided the visiting hgv’s with one single parking area. But we do not mind taking all the tax money coming in to our council from this industry. That is not to mention the retail industry which is booming in our area. We cannot just sit back and take but must show we take responsibility when these industries in return needs our support.

■■
Jo

PS: I don’t really expect they’ll bother to answer me but at least they’ll be made aware that this issue is important for some of their voters.

PS: I don’t really expect they’ll bother to answer me but at least they’ll be made aware that this issue is important for some of their voters.

Exactly our point Jo
By writing to them with comments hopefully from 100s then they must reply.
one person writing often gets passed to the bin.

Campaign “Survey”
The “campaign” you have all been signing with thanks, is starting to get going with over 100 signatures so far :slight_smile:
more are wanted :smiley: :smiley:
One of the main points to continually come up is the “Lack” of overnight parking, and facilities.
This will be one of the main issues we will be addressing.
The link below will allow you to fill in a simple survey. So that we can access the parking facilities around the country. :frowning:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/survey_page.html

Those older ones amongst us must remember that when they took the log book of us for the tacho.
It was stated " All towns will provide an area with facilities for overnight lorry parking"
This survey should show us how many actually do.
Thanks for all your support, :smiley: and TruckNetUk for allowing these links. :smiley:
Please sign the Campaign :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and fill in the Survey :laughing:

added my name to campaign , im sure it’s going to be along, very looonng campaign, Will anybody listen, probably not- and by the time they do, i will be collecting my pension !!

topcat:
im sure it’s going to be along, very looonng campaign

I hope not :exclamation: The aim is to make a big impact in a small time.
That is why we hope all letters sent by drivers and us will all happen on the same day.
Still aiming for 1st July

Sorry Bazman, Did’nt mean “long campaign” in your effort’s getting it going, meant it in the overall picture.Certainly getting the “truck hater’s” to except us as pro’s and except we have as much right on the roads,as they do.

topcat:
Sorry Bazman,

No need for apologies topcat, thanks for signing.
1285 Views :smiley: :smiley: [many looking back]
98 Signed up :cry: :cry:
The more that sign the better the chance of making people listen

Sign it here http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/campaign.htm

Connected Survey with ref to “Lack” of overnight parking

Thanks to all who have signed so far :laughing: :laughing:
And TruckNetUk for keeping it at top. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Within the next couple of Weeks I will be looking at starting to write the different letters to send of. :exclamation:
I would appreciate any comments of what “you” would like to include in the letters.
Idea’s Please :bulb: :bulb:

Do not Forget
This Campaign is designed to highlight the low morale and disgust at not being consulted on our future’s
Not a Specific complaint

Individual complaints will follow on from this Campaign.

For those that have not yet seen the Campaign or signed it
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/campaign.htm
Comments Received at
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/camp1.htm
Survey at
Thank you again for all support. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My support is there as well, but i still dont think anything will come of it…when it comes to the final crunch of downing tools…then you will see the support…ive been fighting my own war in this industry for years..refusing to do things i shouldnt be doing..telling bosses where to go..packing in jobs..even getting smacked..because of what i believe in..and im still doing it…but its for my benefit… years ago i was sacked from a very large company…and it was unionised…what support did i get from fellow drivers…zero…no backbones…and i`m afraid to say…its no different today …to what it was then…but we gotta keep fighting…problem is most drivers need a leader…and we havnt got one…no one to fight for us…we gotta do it ourselves…breakaway from these deadbeat unions who line their own pockets and dont care or even know much about our industry…i have always proposed a union for the transport industry…run by people from this industry…people who know and understand this industry…not some college kid with an ology…or a degree…then we may get somewhere…

From Barrie at Truckers world…

The aim of this campaign is to direct truckers to one area to show to those in power that Truckers have had enough

The shambolic mess of the POAs in the WTD is the last straw in treating Professional Truckers no respect.

This Government, DfT, RHA, FTA, Unions, Car Drivers, the Public, Cities & Towns, Directors and Managers. Have got no respect for Truckers in this country.

Just look at the state we are in.

The supposed 48 hour Week on a liveable wage, giving us a social life and letting us see our children grow up, has been thrown into turmoil with the so-called POAs in other words you are not working while unloading or loading.(thats the way our bosses will interpret it)

Truck crime Rising, MSAs a disgrace to Truckers, Road Congestion, Truck stops closing down, Unfair fuel Prices, Overnight Parking, Security, Delivery Drivers Last in RDCs thoughts, Speed Cameras, Ex-Offenders getting free training, Long hours, Poor wages, Docks that are a nightmare, Congestion Charges.

Car drivers hate us, The Public hates us, and Towns do not want us there,

Just a few of the things that are forcing truckers out of the job and not encouraging new blood into the profession.

The Time has come for Truckers to stand up and be counted, on every Trucking Forum there are topics calling for Action The last resort should be to strike or take action without going through all other avenues.

This campaign is aimed at Uniting the voice of truckers, to tell those in power that we are fed up of being treated as second class citizens and deserve the respect that as Professional Drivers we earn by doing a skilful job. To make them listen to us and give us some consideration when making new plans that affect us.

By adding your name to this campaign you will be adding your voice and views.

We are truckers by heart and most of us love being Truckers, but we are human beings and need a decent standard of living.

The times have gone when we used to stop in digs, now we are forced onto Industrial Estates, lay-bys, and side road with no toilets, washrooms, or somewhere to eat, not knowing whether your curtains will be slashed overnight or someone will vandalise your much loved unit. Without thinking the worst, that someone might be looking to hijack your load or assault you.

It is up to you Drivers, We are only here as one voice, but offer you the opportunity to help us be the voice of 1000s of Truckers that want to see things change for the better.

Add your own comments, Why you are putting your name down on this campaign.

Let us all finally stand up together as one United voice, one workforce, comrades together,

Or are we going to sit back and wait for the next Dis-respectful thing to be thrown at us without having a say about our futures and maybe our childrens future?

The campaign is at www.truckersworld.co.uk/campaign.htm

I’ve stuck my 2 pen’orth in. Hope lots more follow suit!!

just added my 10 quids worth :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just one point are we allowed to call blair a muppet :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: