No help

I sent a letter to the Daily Mirror over the weekend trying to get them to highlight the problems facing the haulage industry. I should have known better than to write to a Labour party biased newspaper. They have decided that they are not interested, couldn’t be that it may hinder the Labour party in the run up to the election, cynical me. I am normally a Labour party supporter but not anymore. Below is a copy of their reply

As you know we often publish letters and articles about the plight of various good causes. There are many subjects that need to be brought to the attention of our readers and we always endeavour to cover as many as these as possible.

We are always grateful to receive new ideas from our readers on what projects they feel we should be actively supporting but we are unable to provide the assistance you have requested and do not have enough space to publish all our letters.

We do hope that this does not deter you from writing to us again as our readers are the most important element of our on-going success.

Yours sincerely,

I sent the Daily Mirror an e mail congratulating them on finally sacking that banker of an editor Piers Morgan.
I asked if they were going to turn back into a news paper or continue being a celebrity rag.
They didn’t get back to me.
LoL, Neil.

westie:
I should have known better than to write to a Labour party biased newspaper.

Don’t write to the Sun, their Labour as well aren’t they■■?

The Daily Mail is anti Labour, don’t know if they would be interested in the haulage industry though.

Good article in the Mail today on the antics of Foriegn trucks, so it probably is worth sending it to the Mail.

uvox82:

westie:

The Sun used to be a Tory rag if I remember correctly.

But then again Labour are the new Conservative Party!

Try the Daily Express they seem to be anti-Labour

Knowing our luck, we’ll only get support from the likes of “Viz” or “Fiesta”. :frowning:

Westie next time you plan somethign like that let us ALL know on here and we can all snd the same letter on the same day, that might make them notice.

What a shame they don’t appear to have any interest in our grievances.

How on earth do the papers get deliverd to the wholesalers from the printing presses.

Oh silly me… by magic elves :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Magic Mel:
Oh silly me… by magic elves :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Sorry, I heard that the magic elves had gone under, and Harry Potter had taken over the contract.

uvox82:

westie:

since when has the sun supported labour(wapping) and since when have we had a labour party.seems to me its a south eastern poor mans tory party.

Write to the Specatator.

At least the reply from Boris will be worth reading. If you can understand him :smiley:

All the papers will be getting hundreds of comments from drivers in one go.
That is the plan of the campaign you have all been signing.
Those that have not seen it take a look in the “Sticky”

If you think that ANY paper is not interested in a particular item because of their political leaning then I am afraid you’re living in a dream world.

Newspaper editors are only interested in their pet projects and that can vary from week to week. They do not write articles to help you they write articles for their own aggrandizement and their own self promotion.

The problems we face in this industry are not politically motivated!!
It doesn’t matter which party is in power, neither gives a tuppennny about us. If I was going to write to a newspaper though, I think it would have to be one of the more sensible ones. ie NOT the Scum or the Mirror