"Important" Campaign Letters to MPs

The Campaign “Enough” is “Enough” is all set for go on the 4th July
The aim of the campaign is to open the lines of communication and get somebody to listen to us the “Truckers”

It is important that as many letters as possible are sent out to MPs on the same day Monday 4th July. This will hopefully get people talking and as more MPs say “have you seen this letter” so it will get the attention required.

This first one is for you to copy and paste into your word system and then alter as required (Red) you may with pleasure add your own comments and alter as required, and send to your MP on the 4th July
Comments on it please :question:
Your MPs Address can be found here :arrow_right:
http://www.parliament.uk/directories/directories.cfm
The Letter :arrow_right:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/mps.htm
If you prefer me to receive the replies direct, then contact me for the address, so you can add it to the letter.
If replies are sent on to me, I will put them all on line for reading.

This second letter is the one I will be sending to the party leaders and their respective Transport Ministers.
It is a draft and will be completed following on from your comments in this thread. which is the reason for putting it on here for you to make any suggestions and comments.
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/leaders.htm

Letters are also being sent to the Media, MSAs, RHA, FTA.
Your comments on our letters are important and only as a united front will we ever get the chance to be listened to.

It is not too late to sign the campaign at :arrow_right:
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/campaign.htm

Thanks to all for supporting this and lets hope the outcome will bring about somebody listening to Professional Truckers.

Finally
Could I at this time point out due to comments.
I am not a “Glory Hunter” or after an “Ego Boost” I am not a Representative of Drivers or a Union Leader.
I am trying to Unite drivers and co-ordinate lines of communication, working on drivers comments.
As expressed earlier and in the Party leaders Letters, I will be hoping to make up a team of drivers, possibly 2 from TRuckNetUk, 2 from Onlinetruckers, and 2 from Truckersworld, to attend any meetings that are made possible from this campaign.
I am only a Trucker, who spends a lot of time effort and money in trying to help better our futures.
So if anyone wishes to criticise my actions, please do so on these threads, so I can answer the criticism in full.
Criticism is always welcome and is the only way I can improve.
Rant over
Thank you

I would cut out the first paragraph altogether.

This one.
This letter is sent to you in conjunction with other letters being sent to MP’s across the UK by other drivers. Letters are also being dispatched to the Leaders of the 3 main parties and their relative DfT Ministers and most National Media.
Because it is stating the obvious. If this works, whoever it is will have several others on their desk, all very similar. They don’t need to be told that every time they open the next letter. If it was me receiving them, I would stop reading any more of them after seeing that first paragraph a few times. You could add the bit about Leaders, DfT ministers and National Media (not most though, all) being sent copies to your closing paragraph.

This one doesn’t look quite right either, to me ( :unamused: ).
I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply and comments. All replies received from MPs are likely to appear for public viewing by other drivers unless you specifically request it remains private.

How about,
I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply and comments. ( Any reply received from you is likely to appear for public viewing by other drivers unless you specifically request it remains private).

Or,
I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply and comments. (All replies received from MPs are likely to appear for public viewing by other drivers unless they specifically request it remains private).

Good comments Simon :slight_smile:
I am not an english teacher and did it to the best of my ability :wink:
Drivers can alter it, so hopefully they will look at this.
Thanks

Just to avoid confusion…

This site supports Truckersworld, which is why we allow Baz to make posts such as these on our forums, as well as carrying a banner ad for his site…however

TruckNet UK is not (as I’m sure you all know by now… :unamused: ) a campaigning orgnisation, nor can we get actively involved in anyone else’s.
To this end, whilst we are quite happy for Barrie to “gather bodies” from amongst the membership here, those “bodies” will not be able to use the TruckNet UK name, nor will they be in anyway representative of the website or Company. The same goes for any other similar initiatives, be they training, petitioning, or whatever.

I know it’s sad that we have to take this position, but unfortunately the days of us being able to do what we like with the site are but a dim and distant (and fond… :cry: ) memory. It is now so big and costly that it has to be viable in it’s own right - and as Directors of the Limited Company, both Rikki and myself have a legal duty to ensure that it survives. :open_mouth:

To be seen to directly attack the very people who we rely on for the funding which pays for us to be here would be foolish at least, and commercial suicide at worst… :blush: …therefore we must content ourselves with the indirect support which we can and will continue to give to those causes which we feel that we can. :wink:

Ok…soapbox away for another day…you can all wake up now…! :blush: :blush: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As Lucy rightly points out.
This forum is No 1 for contact, talk and discussion,
If you support my Campaign it is as a “Driver” and not a member of this forum.
Thanks.

Could drivers please post on this thread :unamused:
A yes or no whether they will be sending a letter to their MP
Thanks

Yep I will be sending one to my local MP Sandra Gidley (Romsey, Hants)

I’ll be sending one

YES i’ll be sending one to Jack mc Connell and Frank Roy,both share the same surgery.And since McConnell is the boss up here i feel he should not miss out on this one Baz :wink:

Yes

Thanks to those so far :smiley: :smiley:

It might not seem important to say yes or no :question:
But I do need to know, how many MPs are likely to receive letters.
Plus letters to the Media will be informed of numbers and may well look on forums like this one, it is surprising who looks around these forums :open_mouth:

Comments on the letters would be appreciated :question:
They represent your concerns :exclamation: :exclamation:

I will be sending a letter to my local MP -

Tom Brake Liberal Democrat Shadow Secretary of State for Transport

YES MR JEFF ENNIS MP

Well the ball is now rolling :unamused:
Today [ Monday]
Six letters were dispatched to the National Media.
Each one with my letter, your comments, the campaign heading and other material.
The Letter was asking for their support to the campaign and informing them what is happening on the 4th July.
Thanks for your support. :slight_smile:
Lets hope all the work will be worthwhile. :confused:

For people who don’t know who there MP is follow this link and it will take you to a page where you put in your postcode and then your MP appears!!! it also sets out a letter for you to just fill in the spaces with your own text and then sends it to them - what could be easier and at no cost - not even the price of a stamp.

smcaul:
For people who don’t know who there MP is follow this link and it will take you to a page where you put in your postcode and then your MP appears!!! it also sets out a letter for you to just fill in the spaces with your own text and then sends it to them - what could be easier and at no cost - not even the price of a stamp.

:open_mouth: Good link that. :wink:

Bazman, I have’nt yet but I will have it sorted by the end of this week.

Adam Price will get one from me

i shall be sending one to my MP as well

Mark

Thanks for all the support coming in.
Excellent to get some good support.

It would be rather expensive for members to start printing off all the comments if they want to send with their letter. Last thing I want is for drivers to start having to spend their hard earned cash.

So I have picked out 12 comments that basically give a over view of all comments for anyone wanting to print.
http://www.truckersworld.co.uk/print.htm