Most expensive fuel station?

I dont know if this has been posted before but was interested to find out where the most expensive fuel station is? I will get it started by saying that the bp services at Grantham are £1.46 a litre of diesel!!

cant remember what company the forecourt was, but it was £1.42 a litre of diesel, it was somewhere around tamworth.

was quite shocked to see that high a price

I put 678 litres in at southwaite last night and the grand total was £990 pump price! :open_mouth: Pump cut off at that so could have squeezed it for a grand! Now i know thats expensive, but its on an agency card so wont be that when the bill arrives thank [ZB]!

It’s going up another 5p a litre next month.

The Road Haulage Association (RHA) has renewed its call for cuts to petrol and diesel prices, claiming that the industry is still struggling under the burden of soaring fuel costs.

Reacting to chief Treasury secretary Danny Alexander’s announcement of a fuel duty stabiliser pilot in Scotland, RHA director of policy Jack Semple insisted that there was a pressing need for cuts across the country.

“The prospect of 5p off fuel duty in the most remote areas of the UK must be matched by the chancellor abandoning the 5p extra set to hit everyone on April 1st,” he commented.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was £2 a litre at the end of the year, especially if the instability in the Middle East spreads.

It will be somewhere in the North of Scotland they pay they highest fuel prices in Europe according to a paper i was reading the other week. Ironic that they are probably only a stones throw away from the north sea oil fields :laughing:

If you dinnae laugh you’d cry, a full blown fuel crisis is a year or two away imo.

Yep a friend said someone they knew at bp said they were preparing for it to be £2ppl by the end of the year… :frowning:

Try this

telegraph.co.uk/motoring/new … eaded.html

Wrong garage try sloane avenue west london what dose the telegraph know :question:

Fuelled up at Gonerby Moor services last week (BP) and it was £141.9 pump price.

pump price on isle of tiree £1.56 derv an £1.54 petrol

pepperpot:
I dont know if this has been posted before but was interested to find out where the most expensive fuel station is? I will get it started by saying that the bp services at Grantham are £1.46 a litre of diesel!!

When I was driving on Hebrides, the local garage and fish shop (yes, that right!) on South Uist had prices about 35-40 pence per litre more than in Glasgow.

on the A128 north of Brentwood the Apace garage was selling unleaded @ £1.41…

I would bet the most expensive services being Symonds Yat… always very expensive.

during the fuel strikes in 2000 the most expensive petrol station in the uk was the one in marlborough. unless its changed hands i would assume it still holds that less than flattering title

they say transportation charges affect individual garage prices. so how come its 5 or 6 ppl cheaper in hamilton or edinburgh than falkirk? im better off using shell at maybury or the old inns services at ■■■■■■■■■■■ than the one in falkirk (the car doesnt like anything other than shell)

Is there no database of cheaper fuel stops, just off the motorways? I used to stop at Birchanger Services, on the way to Dover, but found that there is a Shell station on the Harlow road, very much cheaper than Birchanger. :slight_smile:

A23 Pyecombe Texaco … 143.9 p/l deisel and they are considered cheap :astonished:

Somethings got to give soon

Seen 143.9 at taunton deane services then 5 mins later seen diesel at 133.9 at roundabout on junc 25 taunton that’s about the cheapest I’ve seen for a while.

petrol station in bottesford (grantham) £1.47.9!!

It’s £1.45 p/l at Presteigne in Powys,it’s gone up about 4p p/l in a couple of days in this area.

bobobolinsky:
Is there no database of cheaper fuel stops, just off the motorways?

About 25 years ago (when I was sat on me old grandad’s knee - well almost!) I had a book called “Just Off The Motorway” which listed places to eat and fuel as the title suggests, just off the motorway. ISTR it was laid out by motorway and junction numbers and used readers contributions. Presumably it was meant to be updated regularly, but I don’t know what became of it. A good idea …

bobobolinsky:
Is there no database of cheaper fuel stops, just off the motorways? I used to stop at Birchanger Services, on the way to Dover, but found that there is a Shell station on the Harlow road, very much cheaper than Birchanger. :slight_smile:

I use www.petrolprices.com - always seems to be uptodate