Diesel price.

Just came across the highest price per litre this morning,at one of the service stations on the M1,that I’ve seen.

I think it was at Watford Gap northbound,and it was 91.5ppl. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Even our local Shell/BP/Total garages are selling it at about 86.5ppl.

It seems to have gone up,in general,about 6ppl,in the last couple of weeks,and if I remember correctly,the Chancellor wasn’t going to raise the cost until September,so God knows what we’ll be paying then.

So who’s ripping us off this time,and what’s the highest price you’ve come across so far?

Ken.

What I can’t understand is why there is such a price difference between diesel and unleaded, usually about 5 ppl cheaper? Surely, as unleaded fuel is more refined than diesel with it going through more processing so you would think it to be more expensive :confused: Or is this just another Government tax on the trucking industry :imp:

reading one of the c/m books blaming price increase of diesel on that big fire at texacos in usa

There is a garage about a mile before the bottom of Sutton Bank and they are countrywide known for having the highest fuel prices in the country.

Back when diesel was 70p/ltr they were selling it at 85p/ltr so God only knows what they’re (trying to) sell(ing) it at now - must be well over a quid.

:open_mouth:

Sometime last summer I finished delivering in the van at Marske-by-Sea near Middlesborough and I decided to take a more scenic route home as I was quite bored so I went down the B1257 Stokesley to Helmsley and then onto the A170 to Thirsk. On that road I passed a petrol station, I think it was a private one that wasn’t part of a chain, they had unleaded petrol at 98p per litre and diesel at 99p per litre!!! Is this the one you’re on about laybybob?

robinhood_1984:
Sometime last summer I finished delivering in the van at Marske-by-Sea near Middlesborough and I decided to take a more scenic route home as I was quite bored so I went down the B1257 Stokesley to Helmsley and then onto the A170 to Thirsk. On that road I passed a petrol station, I think it was a private one that wasn’t part of a chain, they had unleaded petrol at 98p per litre and diesel at 99p per litre!!! Is this the one you’re on about laybybob?

That’s the one ! :open_mouth:

It is at the bottom of Sutton Bank, isn’t it ? :question: :confused:

Current price for Derv. at Tibshelf services on M1 is 91.9p.

Has anyone ever tried running trucks on BioDERV? There’s a place on the A64 just NE of York selling the stuff for 69.9ppl at the moment (I think) and I know a couple of people who have used it in their cars without any problems. For a truck doing 1500 miles a week for 48 weeks a year at 8mpg then that saving of around 13p+VAT per litre over normal prices would save you over 5 grand a year…

Paul

repton:
Has anyone ever tried running trucks on BioDERV? There’s a place on the A64 just NE of York selling the stuff for 69.9ppl at the moment

I dunno about that but I wish they’d build trucks that ran off LPG as easy as my car does; 36 - 39p per litre!! :laughing: (A64 SE of York!!)

Filled up in Luxembourg last week at 60p per litre !!!
Shows how much we pay in tax in the UK !!!

Ossie

marcustandy:
I dunno about that but I wish they’d build trucks that ran off LPG as easy as my car does; 36 - 39p per litre!! :laughing: (A64 SE of York!!)

Got my Land Rover on LPG. Asda at Pudsey in Leeds sell it for 29.7ppl!

Paul

Bloody hell!! Cheapest I could find was Morrisons on Leeds Road, Wakefield and wasn’t as low as that!!

ossie:
Filled up in Luxembourg last week at 60p per litre !!!

Wicked, innit? We send the trucks to Belgium every weekend, just to fuel up. It’s a little more expensive than Luxembourg, but a lot cheaper than the UK.

Vince

87pence a litre in Burnley… from one of the cheapest garages around. Shoot! When will it end?

laybybobb:

robinhood_1984:

That’s the one ! :open_mouth:

It is at the bottom of Sutton Bank, isn’t it ? :question: :confused:

If Sutton Bank is that huge almost cliff face type thing the road winds down, then yes! Couldn’t believe it when I saw fuel at that price, I cant imagine anyone being stupid enough to pay it.