Morrisons supermarket

Hi all

Morrisons are building a new RDC @ J23 M5 which is near me, rumour has it they are looking for 600 drivers :astonished: . So what are they like to work for pay etc, Im tramping at the mo and want to spend more time with my kids. Cheers for the info

So that is what is going up there!!! It might be to replace Willand though, so a lot of drivers will transfer over

is willand closing whoo whoo

Mr B:

Swindon and Yate too so im told :open_mouth:

iā€™m guessing there strict about driveing speeds a roads 40 duel 50 etc i follow them everynight different times :angry: :angry: :angry:

washy jnr:

Mr B:

Only Yate mate.

Suedehead:

washy jnr:

Mr B:

Only Yate mate.

Thatā€™s good news,one of our old drivers from our Sutton Benger factory is at Swindon RDC :smiley:

washy jnr:

Suedehead:

washy jnr:

Mr B:

Only Yate mate.

Thatā€™s good news,one of our old drivers from our Sutton Benger factory is at Swindon RDC :smiley:

Is the place @ Sutton Benger still operational?
Drove past a couple of days ago and it looked ā€œsort of openā€ :confused:

Suedehead:

washy jnr:

Suedehead:

washy jnr:

Mr B:

Only Yate mate.

No mate,itā€™s all closed down now,theyā€™ve ripped all the plant out,the master plan is to build houseā€™s on the site but time will tellā€¦
A few of the driverā€™s transfered to Brackley but 2 have got jobs back at Swindon,one at Morrisons and one at Aldi

washy jnr:

Suedehead:

washy jnr:

Suedehead:

washy jnr:

Mr B:

Only Yate mate.

No mate,itā€™s all closed down now,theyā€™ve ripped all the plant out,the master plan is to build houseā€™s on the site but time will tellā€¦
A few of the driverā€™s transfered to Brackley but 2 have got jobs back at Swindon,one at Morrisons and one at Aldi

Mmmm, i like Morrisons, i also like Aldi - which one is best?
Theres only one way to find out. . . . fight :slight_smile:

Go for it ! :smiley:
If you want to come off tramping to have more time at home, RDC work has got to be some of the best jobs going. Comparing to the bog standard haulage companies the supermarkets have better wages, better pension schemes, sick pay, holiday pay, and no doubt better working hours and a lot less stress.
I went from 2 years driving for Owens to work for Tesco in Magor. I thought I had come to heaven :slight_smile:

Itā€™s going to be called Bridgewater RDC and it will be run by DHL.

I live in Llanelli and with Owens around the corner I still wont drive for themā€¦ lolā€¦ For years I have travelled to Swindon (stayed up there for four to five days work) and worked for M&S as well as many many different companies through agency. Woolies (were excellentā€¦ shame they went down the pan), M&S (top notch, good long runs for most of the time but a lot of faffin about with loose clothing loads), Morrisons (You are told to stay in the cab while a team unloads youā€¦ like your gonna argue with thatā€¦ lol) Icelands, Asda, Boots and many many more. The full time lads at a lot of these places moan about the work but Iā€™m sure they would realise how lucky they are if they went onto general haulageā€¦ :unamused:

Having delivered to their RDCā€™s and dealt with their customer service dept., I certainly wouldnā€™t want to work for them.

dog27:
Hi all

Morrisons are building a new RDC @ J23 M5 which is near me, rumour has it they are looking for 600 drivers :astonished: . So what are they like to work for pay etc, Im tramping at the mo and want to spend more time with my kids. Cheers for the info

if you do get the job,can you make sure you strap the pallets of biscuits,im sick and tired[shortcake today] of opening morrisons packets of biscuits and finding them in bits :unamused: :imp: :imp: :imp:

was told that DHL were going to run the transport, but the wages arnt going to be great got a chap just started on with us who has just left CO-OP at wellington &he wouldnā€™t entertain the idea of working for them .

heā€™s bored of a cushy 12 hour shift , turning up clean & going home clean , no he really wants regular 14 hour days coming to work clean & going home covered in dust & cow [zb] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i know youā€™ll read this steve :laughing:

MolePower:
was told that DHL were going to run the transport, but the wages arnt going to be great got a chap just started on with us who has just left CO-OP at wellington &he wouldnā€™t entertain the idea of working for them .

heā€™s bored of a cushy 12 hour shift , turning up clean & going home clean , no he really wants regular 14 hour days coming to work clean & going home covered in dust & cow [zb] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i know youā€™ll read this steve :laughing:

When your mate gets bored of getting covered in cow ā– ā– ā– ā–  send him to our place and he can go home caked in chicken ā– ā– ā– ā–  :wink:

And beleave me,- THAT is a stinker :confused:

cheers for all the info, any one what the pay is like cheers
:smiley: :smiley:

rather put up with mole valley cow [zb] than COOP [zb] !!!