New Morrisons RDC Sittingbourne

I live within a stone’s throw of the new Morrisons RDC that is opening in Sittingbourne in the summer. The local rag says there will be 1000 new jobs there, 220 of those being class 1 drivers. They are inviting applications on their website, but with no mention of pay rates. Anyone have any idea what drivers are paid at other RDC’s and what they are like to work for?

most drivers i know have got there names down mate think the money will be good :smiley: :smiley:

I made a lot of money out of that place, a lot of it is held up with my concrete!! :smiley:

I can picture the interview for the warehouse staff.
Can you say “keys drive, where’s your high viz, you’ll be tipped when your tipped”?
“Errrrr ye”
“just the sort of ■■■■■■■■ we’re after, you’ve got the job”

limeyphil:
I can picture the interview for the warehouse staff.
Can you say “keys drive, where’s your high viz, you’ll be tipped when your tipped”?
“Errrrr ye”
“just the sort of [zb] we’re after, you’ve got the job”

And you can talk Polish… :confused:

I have applied for them too :laughing:

Coddy:
And you can talk Polish… :confused:

Nah… thats at Swan Valley :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

are morrisons doing the transort themselves?

i know wigglesworth do a fair bit for them, darn sarf.

just that little bit too far away for me. i have heard and i stress only heard its about 26,000 a year shift work.

A lot of drivers I know had application forms in last year. There must have been lots of people applied by now :laughing:

Would not touch Wigglesworth with a bargepole…

We run out of Sittingbourne- Bapchild International freight Terminal- and I wouldn’t cross the road to work for Morrisons.

For anyone interested, Aldi or Lidl are opening an RDC just up the road in the Land of Retarded Inbreds aka the Isl* f Shpp*y.

I work for Morrisons out of Corby.

this is days rates, afternoon/nights/nights + is more but I don’t know exactly how much more.

£10.36 ph up to 45 hours then £14.50
If you clock less than 45 hours then your wages are made up to 45 hours. 6th shift (overtime shift) is always paid at OT rate regardless of what other hours you have done that week.

Sunday attracts shift premium of £24ish. Last 2 years I’ve earned about £28.5k. I do about 3 or 4 extra shifts p.a.
When you’ve been there a full 12 months then you’re entitled to profit share, which we’re waiting to find out what it is this year. Its paid end march/beginning april, last year was £900gross £600net. (ish).

Our net pay deal is due June 1st, but the norm for morrisons is for the renewal date to pass, then they negotiate with USDAW then theres a vote, then its implimented and the back pay goes in your next wages. Pay is 4 weekly.

Each depot at Morrisons is very different to work from. Corby is small and pretty friendly; wagon and load almost always ready to go, Burton Latimer drivers often have to wait for their loads.
I think that there isn’t going to be a freezer in Sittingbourne, I would have thought most of your drops will be londoncentric with some trunking.
The trucks are slow, thats empty lol. But, they pay you to be a chauffeur not a racer.

The job is what you make it; I’ve been there over 2 years and got to know the lads at the shops quite well. You get to know where is slow or a good tip, etc etc. Same as most places, be nice to the workers and they’re good to you!

A lot of the jobs eg.managers / supervisors are being filled internally, there are loads of vacancies on our jobs board.

From my experiance, the test drive was about 10 minutes; they just want to make sure your not a numpty. The instructor was telling me the mistakes he’s seen include; no numberplate on trailer, not turning collar round on red/yellow lines, going the wrong way round the roundabout outside the depot, speeding, ermm but they aren’t looking for a driving test drive, just show that you know what you’re doing and are ‘willing’ to listen to advice.

Good luck with your applications! :grimacing:

Thanks CBR_SI, sounds like it’s worth a go then.

Coddy:
Would not touch Wigglesworth with a bargepole…

lol your spot on there :imp: :imp: :imp:

where abouts in sittingbourne is the new yard? i used to run out of sittingbourne for dodds

sean vernon:
where abouts in sittingbourne is the new yard? i used to run out of sittingbourne for dodds

Just off the A249, between the Grovehurst split and the Sheppey crossing, if yer heading towards the Island its on the right, access from the Grovehurst split, its down the new road towards kemsley Paper Mill…

Went into our place on Sunday to do a trl swap at Knauf and i could’t believe the size of the place.
Last time i went to Knauf ,there wasnt any sign of building taking place.
Amazing how quick its been built.

Has anyone who’s applied for Morrisons Sittingbourne heard anything yet? Supposed to be opening in August so was hoping to hear soon.

See quite a few hauliers on Morrisons down in Kent - anyone know where they get their instructions from?
Depot, names etc?

Cheers

K