waitrose

I’m going to be applying to work at the new Waitrose depot in chorley when it opens next year. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what their like to work for. I think K&N run the transport side of things. Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers

Hi Mate, give me a shout if you hear anything, I’m in Bolton and looking for a perm job, it’s all agency here at the moment and I need something more stable, don’t like going to different firms everyday, after 20 years I don’t need it :unamused:
Cheers,
Phil
p.s I’ll do the same for you if I get the word.

Our new rdc at Leyland (Chorley) is going to be run by the partnership and not K and N, so new employes will become partner’s . New jobs will be advertised local and also on waitrose.com follow link at the bottom of the page "careers " and the navigate to disturibtion . Start looking after Xmas . In the past there has been some negative things said about the partnership and who we take on , we are the most open place you have ever worked and that is the same when recruiting , we just want the best. But one your in the partnership very few leave and most that do want to return,fantastic perks like great discounts and partnership holiday centres and pension and best of all the world renowned partnership bonus every year . I will post when the jobs start to be advertised , good luck

I’ve heard they’re really good to work for, shame they got day cabs. There has been rumours about them building an rdc in the Bristol area but nothing seems to come of it :frowning:

15 hour days, 6quid an hour, run about bent as a two bob bit. Regular overnights in a day cab. Wagons have got more pg9 defects than all the Romanians put together. Every Friday just before knocking off you need to polish the bosses motor aswell. Plus they have green units wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole mate.

merc0447:
15 hour days, 6quid an hour, run about bent as a two bob bit. Regular overnights in a day cab. Wagons have got more pg9 defects than all the Romanians put together. Every Friday just before knocking off you need to polish the bosses motor aswell. Plus they have green units wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole mate.

All rubbish, except the green motors though.

merc0447:

You are right on one thing about green units but the rest you are miles away from what we are like, it takes all sorts , some hate supermarket work and some love it , wages r set at a local rate and for pg9 I have not seen one in 5 years .so make up you own mind

hawl doll cancel the [zb] we’re having fish for supper

merc0447:

:confused:

A very good friend of mine was employed by “The Partnership” sometime ago. I won’t bore you with the details but due to unforseen circumstances, he has lost his HGV on Medical grounds at the age of 49.

The Partnership has found him something to keep him gainfully employed while he fights the loss of his vocational licence with DVLA. He has only ever said good things about the partnership whilst he has been employed by them. No bent running, defects sorted and tacho rules upheld etc. I too have worked in a similar enviroment. Still do.

Many other firms would have shown you the door and told you to shut it behind you :frowning:

From a pm ive received it is clearly obvious i have grossly under estimated people intelligence. Here is a guy asking about supermarket work for a depot thats not even built yet and i put the polar opposite, i thought you lot would have cottoned on but for the really slow in the room -------->

I WAS RIPPING THE PISH

FFS i cannae believe i even need to point that out, thought washing the bosses motor might have tipped the scales :open_mouth:

merc0447:
From a pm ive received it is clearly obvious i have grossly under estimated people intelligence. Here is a guy asking about supermarket work for a depot thats not even built yet and i put the polar opposite, i thought you lot would have cottoned on but for the really slow in the room -------->

I WAS RIPPING THE PISH

FFS i cannae believe i even need to point that out, thought washing the bosses motor might have tipped the scales :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

some people think this real life.

p.s do you have to supply your own bucket.

Thanks Dardie, that would be much appreciated.
Phil

Thats very good news it’s being run by the partnership rather than K & N. A job for life thats for sure with the best pay and perks in the business.

A mate of mine who works drives for john lewis got a 5 grand bonus check this year on top of his 30k basic.

For anyone whose interested in working for waitrose north of the border at there yard in bonnington rd Edinburgh, they recruit from driver hire only up here. Driver hire has had exclusive contract for john lewis Edinburgh for over 25 years.

No problem phill , john Lewis possibly may take drivers from agency but at waitrose it is open everyone with a licence, religion , colour,age,■■■, have no bearing on working in the partnership we just want good honest drivers. And in return you get to be a partner in a great business .i will tell you to brush up on your blind side revesre lol .myself and the other driver trainer at waitrose Aylesford rdc recently took out over75 drivers on assessment for 28 jobs,those 75 drivers where picked from over200 applicants ,so you can see everyone gets the same chance it’s up to you to make best of your chance,

Will do Dardie. Sounds like a great place to work, job for life suits me fine. Do you run 24hr shifts as I’d prefer twilight or nightshift ? I was at TNT Express for 8 years and they are great to work for, I was the depot assessor there so I will try to get back to assessor mode before that day. :smiley:
Thanks mate,
Phil

Phil I can’t speak for Leyland rdc but we have three shifts, am 03:00 to 06:00 start band pm 11:30 to 16:00 start band and nights 20:00 to 23:30 start band only shift which does not work is night shift sat into Sunday

With it being supermarket work can you still get a mon - Fri job. I know some places like to work Thursday - Mon.

I’m not casting aspersions for a second and it sounds a great place to work but all this talk of ‘the partnership’ sounds creepily like something from 1984 to me. The book that is.

switchlogic:
I’m not casting aspersions for a second and it sounds a great place to work but all this talk of ‘the partnership’ sounds creepily like something from 1984 to me. The book that is.

Best way to run a business. Shame theres not more like it.