waitrose

pavaroti:

switchlogic:
I’m not casting aspersions for a second and it sounds a great place to work but all this talk of ‘the partnership’ sounds creepily like something from 1984 to me. The book that is.

Best way to run a business. Shame theres not more like it.

Wow I agree with you on something! The world be in a much better state if more big companies were run on the John Lewis model. The Partnership still sounds creepy though!

switchlogic:
I’m not casting aspersions for a second and it sounds a great place to work but all this talk of ‘the partnership’ sounds creepily like something from 1984 to me. The book that is.

Resistance is futile you…will be assimilated…you will become part of the waitrose collective…

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

pavaroti:
A job for life thats for sure

Thought they were a thing of the past.

redboxer850:

pavaroti:

Still plenty of folk about who seem to be spending there whole career with one firm.

can someone explain what is the partnership :confused:

any shunting jobs at this place

cliffton 27:
‘…can someone explain what is the partnership :confused:…’

Wikipedia :question:

The company www home page :question:

pavaroti:

redboxer850:

pavaroti:

Still plenty of folk about who seem to be spending there whole career with one firm.

Not guaranteed though.

There have been redundancies among backroom staff in stores and at a distribution centre in Stevenage.

guardian.co.uk/business/2010 … hare-bonus

cliffton 27:
can someone explain what is the partnership :confused:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_Partnership

Any London depots or near?

Class2ldn:

this might need updating, but …

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12435#WAITROSE

Thanks for that. Well the only one anywhere near me is Tesco at wey bridge. Never mind.

Class2ldn:

We have Aylesford to the south east of London or Bracknell to the west of London

Hi Dardie,
Please remember to give us a shout when the ad goes on for Chorley/Leyland. Looked on the site but nothing yet.
Cheers,
Phil

If you want to become an HGV driver I would recommend working for Stobbies.

EDDIE STOBART FAN:

And what is your experience of working for them?

EDDIE STOBART FAN:

Very low pay compared to waitrose and no annual bonus.

I work at stobbies… hoping to be working for waitrose…

EDDIE STOBART FAN:

Me too - if you want treating like a turd and paying the same as a 16 year old school leaver to run yourself into the ground for a bunch of useless ■■■■■■■■■■ making redundant at a moment’s notice…

Waitrose sounds to me like it’s forgotten more about how to treat it’s workforce than Robbing Stobbies will ever know…I’d apply but doubt they’d take me as I’m self employed…good luck to those applying though.

Truckulent:
Waitrose sounds to me like it’s forgotten more about how to treat it’s workforce than Robbing Stobbies will ever know…I’d apply but doubt they’d take me as I’m self employed…

They would take you on as an employee though, you aren’t forced to be self employed and can change your status back to “employed” freely.