mod 4

finally have my mod 4 this friday after being cancelled three times what should i be doing to revise etc sorry to sound thick lol just i cant afford to fail lol passed my class2 back in feb/march so been a while and having not been near a truck since i seem to of lost most of it.so any help would be great :wink:

Your training school should give you some trainging befor the test. Mine did

Take a look at this
hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … s-answers/

yeah they are i have to be in avonmouth at 6:45 am dont know what time the test is just wanted to know if anything i could do in mean time

I’ve had a week or two between my C+E and my mod4.

I’ve been reading through a little of the “Official DSA guide to driving goods vehicles” to be honest I wish it had a a CPC section where you can just read everything that would be covered in the test. What you have to do is just read through it all basically to cover everything.

I haven’t been living in the book, just picking it up for a hour a day.

I’m leaving for my Mod4 in 20 minutes. My trainer gives you 3 hours tuition then over to the test centre for the test.

good luck any feedback from your test would be greatfully received the only reason been such a big gap between my class c test and mod four test is i have recently had two spinal operations and the mod 4 tests either was while i was in hospital or during recovery period then the first op went wrong so had another now thats gone wrong but wont be undergoing another operation for a month or to pending mri results

Ohh that doesn’t sound nice at all. I hope they get you all fixed up.

Here’s my CPC thread CLICKY CLICKY

To be honest I really am finding it difficult to suggest anything. The questions can be so varied. I did have a bit of trouble keeping everything in my head and a few times I was just babbling while I was thinking of something plausible to respond with lol.

Read as much of the “Official DSA guide to driving goods vehicles” there are A LOT of topics covered but its the only thing I can suggest to cover everything.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful :frowning:

glad you passed well i will read that book and go from there lol. on the issue with my back i now have to have a spinal fusion but they have to do an mri first to confirm the disc has ruptured again lol well at least with the fusion i wont have to worry about the disc again as it will be gone lol

They’ll more than likely ask you to do a daily walk around, how you’d check for illegals on your lorry after coming back from europe, ask you how you’d strap a certain load down and get you to demonstrate the sucuring device you’d use on a trolley etc. The whole time you have to tell them what your doing and use certain terms, so when your doing your walk around you say “i’m checking for damage to tyre i.e cords or wire hanging out, making sure there is 1mm of tread over 3/4 the width of the tyre, making sure theres no bricks etc wedged in the double wheels”, but your acting as though your in the work place, so you cant ■■■■ about checking one wheel for 10mins. Its ■■■■■■■■ to be honest you should of been doing daily walk arounds on your lessons and that is about the only useful bit of it anyway, when you start somewhere the guys will show you how to strap a load down anyway if you dont know and putting one ■■■■■■■ rachet ■■■■■■■■ a trolley isn’t teaching you anything but good luck, keep talking and you wont fail lol.

cbarnes:
yeah they are i have to be in avonmouth at 6:45 am dont know what time the test is just wanted to know if anything i could do in mean time

Who you training with Avon Driver Training…? I have an assessment tomorrow with them at 12:30 thats if you are learning with them :smiley:

Goodluck on your Module 4 CPC test :wink:

Saaamon:
They’ll more than likely ask you to do a daily walk around, how you’d check for illegals on your lorry after coming back from europe, ask you how you’d strap a certain load down and get you to demonstrate the sucuring device you’d use on a trolley etc. The whole time you have to tell them what your doing and use certain terms, so when your doing your walk around you say “i’m checking for damage to tyre i.e cords or wire hanging out, making sure there is 1mm of tread over 3/4 the width of the tyre, making sure theres no bricks etc wedged in the double wheels”, but your acting as though your in the work place, so you cant [zb] about checking one wheel for 10mins. Its ■■■■■■■■ to be honest you should of been doing daily walk arounds on your lessons and that is about the only useful bit of it anyway, when you start somewhere the guys will show you how to strap a load down anyway if you dont know and putting one ■■■■■■■ rachet ■■■■■■■■ a trolley isn’t teaching you anything but good luck, keep talking and you wont fail lol.

in regards to strapping etc i have had plenty of experiance since left school as drivers mate /van driver used straps and chains only one not too sure on is dolly knot when i did my training they did not do any walk arounds in the morning just in and drive etc

Wrams:

cbarnes:

Who you training with Avon Driver Training…? I have an assessment tomorrow with them at 12:30 thats if you are learning with them :smiley:

Goodluck on your Module 4 CPC test :wink:

im not using avon driver training though i did use one of there trucks to learn/ test they got two volvos red one and white one the white one is a ■■■■■ with the gears (im sure it was them) whats the name of the person you are meeting for your assessment

I think his name is Richard I’m not 100% sure to be honest. Do you know any of them or have you driven with any of them…?

Do you live in Bristol…?

no i havent driven with them or know any i used a guy who works out of avonmouth but lives at nunney also no i dont live in bristol i live in between frome and shepton mallet if you dont get on with them message me and ill give you the guys number who i used there on ly two guys but really good i passed my test first time i also ad the boss of the test station as my examiner he complamented my drive and apparently for him to do that must have been really good only had three minors, when i did the reverse excersise he told me not to get out to stay in the cab that it was spot on and didnt need to check lol so was well happy with that as that was the bit i was dreading lol

cbarnes:
in regards to strapping etc i have had plenty of experiance since left school as drivers mate /van driver used straps and chains only one not too sure on is dolly knot when i did my training they did not do any walk arounds in the morning just in and drive etc

Dont worry about doing a dolly knot you wont have to do one, you’ll only really use either a bar, rachet strap or chains but sounds like you’ve got most of that covered.

As far as a daily walk around your looking to make sure the vehicle is safe to use and take out, so check your tyres, spray suspession (mud guards) making sure there not hanging off, make sure the body is solid, check your lights, washers n wipers, clean number plates, make sure you’ve got a height indicator, (dont over look it i’ve been given a truck and the indicator was behind the back of the dash and was not the right height!!), make sure your mirrors are there, engine oil, coolant etc. You will get training on all this so dont worry but alittle bit of research like what your doing will def aid you.

Thanks I will PM you if I have any problems at all with them, they do seem Ok though and I have met 2 of the 3 that work there.

That was a bit of luck having the boss as the test examiner, I would be well happy with that result :slight_smile:

Hope you pass your CPC mod 4 :wink:

Have you looked at this website…?

Not sure if ifs the type of thing your after. :slight_smile:

so what test you going for is it class 1

cbarnes:
so what test you going for is it class 1

Eventually yes but I need my cat C first :slight_smile:

Was that website anygood…?

oh right so you new to trucking then lol i did check it out yeah well i’ll just have to wait till friday lol got a little training before test

Yes I passed my theory test and mod 2 today but failed my hazard perception :frowning: I’ll retest next week for that now :blush: