CPC Module 4 - Practical On-Vehicle Demonstration

I have my Class 2 lessons booked for November 22nd. I thought I’d be shown some of the Module 4 stuff on my lessons but I’ve been offered the chance to do it next week before my lessons start and if I don’t take it the next available opportunity is next year beginning of January. I don’t want to wait that long but don’t want to fail either.

I have the DSA CPC book but there doesn’t seem to be much in it covering Module 4. Is this book good enough or are there other resources I could look at ?

Ahh, just seen the post above about passing Mod 4. Hope the examiner doesn’t test my eye sight :open_mouth:

You want the DSA guide to driving large goods vehicles. It has all the required information that you must understand.

The test is mostly practical so you will need to be able to demonstrate use of load securing devices and complete a walk around check. Ensure that you are competent in these areas without the need for prompts.

Examples of questions asked can be found on this site. They always ask you to check your vehicle for defects, then check for stowaways, then demo has you get out of the truck safely. However theses questions are worded differently, they mention illegalities and physical harm.

Make sure to listen and practice hands on, good luck.

Thanks. I should’ve bought that when I bought all my other material but I didn’t think I’d need it.

Sounds as if your trainer is willing to let you go for the test without training. If I were you, I’d be having a word. I insist that the chances of passing MOD 4 having only read books is very low. I wouldn’t even think about it. Make sure you get practical training before the test.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s what I was thinking Pete, I think I’ll defer taking the course until I’ve passed my test but like I said, the next available date is January. Still, better than failing I suppose as it’s really expensive to re-take as you have to hire the truck as well as pay for the test.

Makes all the sense in the world. Good choice - good luck with the rest of it. Pete :laughing: :laughing: