mod 4

same as me lol i passed theory and mod 2 and failed haz percep passed it on third go even though first fail was 1 point under

Next tuesday at 8:45 is my hazard perception so hopefully I’ll be able to pass this ■■■■ rubbish :slight_smile:

well im rather annoyed with myself as i failed because i forgot to kick the exhaust and beep the bloody horn but only needed one of them to pass ended with 90% but a fail as got 100% in first four questions :imp:

I have just received this morning my new hazard perception CD Roms from LDC and I must say they are spot on but again everytime I test I fail and the only way I seem to get any points is when I’ve watched the clip a few times. This is going to be a pain I can see it happening.

how did your assessment drive go

Not to bad mate, I did mess up twice with the gearbox and selected the wrong gear making the engine scream plus stalling in the process :smiley: however it takes time to get used to it I supose. :slight_smile:

cbarnes

The only reason you failed was because you didnt put the effort in.

We have never had a Mod 4 fail and we never will. The reason…Make the candidates work hard make them want it.

You did not bother to REALLY study the content of Mod 4 and god knows every question and possible answer is on this board.

Good luck next time

John
Flair Training

P.S I hope you hate me enough to try harder., LOL

cbarnes:
well im rather annoyed with myself as i failed because i forgot to kick the exhaust and beep the bloody horn but only needed one of them to pass ended with 90% but a fail as got 100% in first four questions :imp:

Hi cbarnes,

I’m sorry to see that you failed. :frowning:

I’m not sure whether you have seen this topic, but if you read it, it might help you:

:arrow_right: How a TNUK member passed the CPC Mod 4 test - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Good luck for your next attempt. :smiley:

LGVTrainer:
cbarnes

The only reason you failed was because you didnt put the effort in.

We have never had a Mod 4 fail and we never will. The reason…Make the candidates work hard make them want it.

You did not bother to REALLY study the content of Mod 4 and god knows every question and possible answer is on this board.

Good luck next time

John
Flair Training

P.S I hope you hate me enough to try harder., LOL

actually i put everything into it by the time got to the last question my mind was blanker than blank it didnt help that i was sat in test centre for about 45 mins waiting for test.

have you had do do the test or just watch through the window of a test centre when your put on the spot your mind blocks

dieseldave:

cbarnes:

Hi cbarnes,

I’m sorry to see that you failed. :frowning:

I’m not sure whether you have seen this topic, but if you read it, it might help you:

:arrow_right: How a TNUK member passed the CPC Mod 4 test - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Good luck for your next attempt. :smiley:

thanks for that mate will take a look at it i was stopped on first four qeustions as was giving so much info etc the examiner even said is there anything else id like to check in the cab he tried to help but i just couldnt get anything once back in cab i knew straight away but was too late he had marked it

cbarnes:
actually i put everything into it by the time got to the last question my mind was blanker than blank it didnt help that i was sat in test centre for about 45 mins waiting for test.

Sorry if my post was a bit hard on you. It didn’t read well. I was only trying to somehow motivate you.

The last question of the Mod 4 test is always the one with the 10 items for the daily walk round check. This is how we get our students to remember them.

Break the 10 items into 3 separate groups

5 Items you check fully from inside the cab

1. Horn (quick beep does the trick)
  2. Mirrors. Check they are clean, not cracked and adjusted correctly
  3. Brakes (offer to pull forward and check brakes work. The examiner normally says “dont bother to pull forward”)
  4. Point out the speed limiter sticker inside the cab
  5. Tachograph / Speedometer (mention that you would check they are operting correctly for the day)

3 Items you check partly from inside and partly outside the cab
6. Lights (turn on from inside then walk round vehicle to check they are all working.)
7. Washers / wipers (operate from inside vehicle then check blades / washer bottle contents from outside)
8. Exhaust (start enging and rev for excessive smoke and noise then from outside do a visual check of exhaust mountings and condition)

2 Items you check fully from outside the cab
9. Tyres (check condition and mention you would check for objects trapped between twin rear wheels)
10. Number plates and reflectors (make sure they are clean and not broken. Mention you would check that the number plates front and rear are the same, especially with a trailer)

This question is scored with 2 points for each correct answer, rounded up or down to the nearest 5
7 correct = 14 (rounded up to 15)
8 correct = 16 (rounded down to 15) etc
You therefore need at least 7 correct to get through the question safely. 9 or 10 correct for maximum marks.

Hope this helps and good luck for next time

Regards

John
Flair Training

cbarnes:
… i was stopped on first four qeustions as was giving so much info etc the examiner even said is there anything else id like to check in the cab he tried to help but i just couldnt get anything once back in cab i knew straight away but was too late he had marked it

Hi cbarnes,

Just an observation mate, but… it sounds to me like you hit a little gap in your knowledge, tried to reacall some info, but couldn’t… then you panicked a bit. ■■

If I’m right, I’d say that it can happen to the best of us and please try not to worry too much about it.
I reckon you’ll nail it next time, then the memory of the fail will be consigned to history… :wink:

… just like when I failed my first C+E test. :frowning: :frowning: :blush: :blush: :cry: :cry:

We have never had a Mod 4 fail and we never will.

Well, that’s a bold statement! I suppose it maybe a numbers game but I can’t make the same claim. Sure, our candidates “want it” and the training is second to none. Many of our candidates pass mod 4 with 90,95,100% but some enjoy it so much they want to come back for a second go at it!

Reference daily checks; I’d like to make two points here. Firstly, at the start of every training session the candidate and instructor conduct a full, thorough, walkround check. This is backed up by spot checks which I do myself and make sure that I get every vehicle at least once a week. Add that to the regular safety checks made in the workshop which is also a VOSA test lane, and I believe the bases are covered.

Second point is that there is absolutely no excuse for missing any of the walkround check items. It is permitted to carry a check sheet with the items marked on it - there are only 10 that count. (Our walkround check sheet has 47 - but that’s a proper check - not the Mickey Mouse Mod 4).

Good luck all :laughing: :laughing:

courtasy of vosa today at truckfest i have a dvd and a new book/sheet with all yacho laws etc and a walk round so got all i need to get it sorted also had the advantage of an offer to do my class one for the grand total of £450 hell yeh lol

cbarnes:
courtasy of vosa today at truckfest i have a dvd and a new book/sheet with all yacho laws etc and a walk round so got all i need to get it sorted also had the advantage of an offer to do my class one for the grand total of £450 hell yeh lol

£450 sounds to good to be true.

Tell us all about it then!

Thats exactly my thoughts to Brawn :slight_smile: thats over half off in price!! Watch out theres a scammer about!! :stuck_out_tongue:

brawngp:

cbarnes:

£450 sounds to good to be true.

Indeed mate, but at £450 for C+E, at least it’s not likely it’s a broker. :wink:

To anybody thinking of taking up this offer, please go and have a look BEFORE parting with any cash. :smiley:

]

Peter Smythe:
Many of our candidates pass mod 4 with 90,95,100% but some enjoy it so much they want to come back for a second go at it!

LOL. Pete hates a fail and doesn’t get that many on the Mod 4.

Peter Smythe:

It is permitted to carry a check sheet with the items marked on it - there are only 10 that count. (Our walkround check sheet has 47 - but that’s a proper check - not the Mickey Mouse Mod 4).

Good luck all :laughing: :laughing:

Very true you can carry a check sheet with you. But why would you? With everything else you need to learn and know to become a driver this is insignificant.

Pete…47 You are training over and beyond the call but it seems you provide true value.

Anyone North of Peterborough should train with Peter Smythe

I would

Regards

John
Flair Training

Very true you can carry a check sheet with you. But why would you?

To make sure nothings forgotten under the stress of test conditions. Also the same in real life - often a daily defect report sheet to complete so it’s all good practice for the real world.

And thanks for the kind comments.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: