Maximum duty time in a week?

my job doesnt involve running to maximum driving hours/duty time…i understand that driving is 56 in a week fortnightly 90 but whatis the maximum duty time in a week???just because i dont run to these i still think i should know it…ive looked at tacho/wtd and it doesnt state maximum duty time…is it a case of adding all breaks/reduced breaks together and working it out from there■■?

cheers

andy

clarkyboy:
…is it a case of adding all breaks/reduced breaks together and working it out from there■■?

There is no maximum duty time defined in the regulations. It is only limited by the daily and weekly rest requirements. I think the maximum you can physically fit into the week is around 99 hours.

Coffeeholic:

clarkyboy:
…is it a case of adding all breaks/reduced breaks together and working it out from there■■?

There is no maximum duty time defined in the regulations. It is only limited by the daily and weekly rest requirements. I think the maximum you can physically fit into the week is around 99 hours.

WTD states that maximum working time is 48 hours average over a set reference period of 17 weeks, the reference period can be extended to 26 weeks with a workforce agreement. It also states a maximum working time of 60 hours per week.

There are ways around the limits using the POA position on the Tacho mode switch whilst waiting to load or off load as POA and rest do not count towards WTD working time :slight_smile: