wtd

this week ive worked 11 x5 hours 55 hours ive not done that driving so next week 55 is it legal thought it was 90 hours over fortnight

nick172sport:
this week ive worked 11 x5 hours 55 hours ive not done that driving so next week 55 is it legal thought it was 90 hours over fortnight

I think you’re getting the working time regulations confused with the drivers hours and tachograph regulations :wink:

For the RT(WT)R (working time regulations) you can work a maximum of 60 hours per week or an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period.

For the driving hours you can drive for a maximum of 56 hours per week or a maximum of 90 hours in any two consecutive weeks.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your post :wink:

edit:

Sorry it took six minutes for you to get an answer to your post, we’ll try to do better in future :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

nick172sport:

it s a 90 hr driving fortnight.so imho you should still be fine to work 55hrs next week,i stand to be corrected though.

The 90 hours fortnightly limit is only driving hours. Subtract how many hours driving you have done this week from 90 and that is the number of driving hours you can do next week, up to a maximum of 56… That’s nothing to do with the WTD BTW, that is the tacho regs.

If you are doing 5 days again next week you could be at work for 75 hours provided you don’t do more than 56 hours driving, or whatever you have left to a total of 90 including this weeks, or a total of 60 hours driving and other work and not fall foul of either the tacho or WTD rules.

ok thanks so you can work 20 hours a day even when youve still got driving time left

nick172sport:
ok thanks so you can work 20 hours a day even when youve still got driving time left

No, where does it say that?

Driving time has no bearing on the time you can be at work, they are not connected. That is governed by the amount of daily rest required in a 24-hour period.

So does the WTD weekly hours apply if I have opted out of them as well?

I’ve signed paperwork with the agency so I am not limited by the 10 hour overnight duty thing, and was told it meant I could work max hours in the week also. Is this not correct Oh Great One :smiley: :wink:

Saratoga:

I’ve signed paperwork with the agency so I am not limited by the 10 hour overnight duty thing, and was told it meant I could work max hours in the week also.

You can opt-out of the night time 10 hours working time rule but you cannot opt-out of the WTD for mobile workers completely.

You are still governed by the maximum 60 hours working time per week and the average 48 hours working time over the reference period, there’s no opt-out for that :wink:

tachograph:

Saratoga:

I’ve signed paperwork with the agency so I am not limited by the 10 hour overnight duty thing, and was told it meant I could work max hours in the week also.

You can opt-out of the night time 10 hours working time rule but you cannot opt-out of the WTD for mobile workers completely.

You are still governed by the maximum 60 hours working time per week and the average 48 hours working time over the reference period, there’s no opt-out for that :wink:

What he said^

nick172sport:

You have to have a daily rest period of 11 hours or a reduced daily rest period of at least 9 hours to be completed no later than 24 hours from the start of the shift ?
This governs the maximum spread-over from the start of the shift to the end of the shift to no more than 13 or 15 hours depending on whether you have a regular or reduced daily rest period.

You could do what the governing body (VOSA) do at the moment and seem to have done for the past 5+ years which is to stick to the tacho regs and ignore the RTWTD but that is your choice

ROG:
You could do what the governing body (VOSA) do at the moment and seem to have done for the past 5+ years which is to stick to the tacho regs and ignore the RTWTD but that is your choice

The problem with that ROG is that some companies issue infringements for contravening the working time regulations.

I know because I’ve just had one for going 3 minutes over the 6 hour rule :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

Just put your tacho on break whenever you’re not driving = problem sorted*. :sunglasses:

• accepts no responsibility if it all goes pear shaped when tipping at Aldi/Lidl etc. :laughing:

tachograph:

ROG:

The problem with that ROG is that some companies issue infringements for contravening the working time regulations.

I know because I’ve just had one for going 3 minutes over the 6 hour rule :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

But is it worth the paper it is written on or is it simply a case of a company covering their arses should the authorities ever get around to checking on it?

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

But is it worth the paper it is written on?

Yeah it’s a useful tool. It’s another piece of legislation the driver can use to his or her advantage. It’s flexible enough that it doesn’t really restrict what you can do and you can crack on as before if that is your choice. Alternatively if you want to do less it is useful in limiting what the company can get out of you.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

Yeah it is. It’s another tool the driver can use to his or her advantage. It’s flexible enough that it doesn’t really restrict what you can do and you can crack on as before if that is your choice. Alternatively if you want to do less it is useful in limiting what the company can get out of you.

Exactly, why not use the regulations to your own advantage :smiley:

Anyway apart from that I’ve just done a driver assessment for a different contract and with this firm the assessor told me that 5 infringements and your out :open_mouth:

I’m not sure if that’s 5 infringements over a specified period of time (I imagine it is) or 5 infringements ever but either way I like to keep a clean record :wink:

See we’ve gone back to the old board style again :laughing:

tachograph:
I’ve just done a driver assessment for a different contract and with this firm the assessor told me that 5 infringements and your out

Tacho infringements, RTWTD infringements or both?

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

Yeah it is. It’s another tool the driver can use to his or her advantage. It’s flexible enough that it doesn’t really restrict what you can do and you can crack on as before if that is your choice. Alternatively if you want to do less it is useful in limiting what the company can get out of you.

Exactly, why not use the regulations to your own advantage :smiley:

I always have done. :wink: :smiley:

ROG:

tachograph:
I’ve just done a driver assessment for a different contract and with this firm the assessor told me that 5 infringements and your out

Infringements ROG … just infringements :wink:

No company I know of differentiates between tacho infringements and WTD infringements.

ROG:

tachograph:

What’s the difference? If it looks like an infringement, sounds like an infringement and walks like an infringement then it’s probably an infringement.