wtd

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

tachograph:
I’ve just done a driver assessment for a different contract and with this firm the assessor told me that 5 infringements and your out

Tacho infringements, RTWTD infringements or both?

What’s the difference? If it looks like an infringement, sounds like an infringement and walks like an infringement then it’s probably an infringement.

Am I right in saying that tacho infringements are held on record by the authorities but RTWTD infringements are not :question:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

tachograph:
I’ve just done a driver assessment for a different contract and with this firm the assessor told me that 5 infringements and your out

What’s the difference? If it looks like an infringement, sounds like an infringement and walks like an infringement then it’s probably an infringement.

Am I right in saying that tacho infringements are held on record by the authorities but RTWTD infringements are not :question:

When a company gives infringements they don’t tell the authorities about it, it’s a system to cover their own back-sides to show that they are monitoring the drivers.

Unless the driver has his records checked at the road-side or the companies records are checked VOSA will never be aware that the company have given the driver an infringement.

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

tachograph:

No, you’re not right in saying that. That is just a popular driver’s myth which goes hand in hand with when your digi card is downloaded the data is sent straight to VOSA.

Infringement sheets you sign are kept by the company so if they get an inspection they can show the steps they have taken to try to ensure drivers run legal but that’s as far as it goes record wise.

That is all verey well ROB K, What happens when you are on break but you have nothing left in your flask and your prawn sarnys have gone.

fuse:
That is all verey well ROB K, What happens when you are on break but you have nothing left in your flask and your prawn sarnys have gone.

Then it is time for sleepy bobos. :smiley:

they put a notice up where i am saying 6 infringements and your out but then found out they would have nobody left after 1 month so dropped it

mac12:
they put a notice up where i am saying 6 infringements and your out but then found out they would have nobody left after 1 month so dropped it

too stringent infringement :laughing:

mac12:

:smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

mac12:

My personal view in degrees of ‘seriousness’

I reckon (guessing) that they have realised RTWTD infringements are so common and not enforced at the moment that it woulld be silly to do so

I bet they would have a different view if the infringements were all EU tacho reg ones

tachograph:
For the RT(WT)R (working time regulations) you can work a maximum of 60 hours per week or an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period.

Coffeeholic:
If you are doing 5 days again next week you could be at work for 75 hours provided you don’t do more than 56 hours driving, or whatever you have left to a total of 90 including this weeks, or a total of 60 hours driving and other work and not fall foul of either the tacho or WTD rules.

Sorry for misunderstanding this guys but, which is it?

wheelyb:

tachograph:
For the RT(WT)R (working time regulations) you can work a maximum of 60 hours per week or an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period.

Coffeeholic:
If you are doing 5 days again next week you could be at work for 75 hours provided you don’t do more than 56 hours driving, or whatever you have left to a total of 90 including this weeks, or a total of 60 hours driving and other work and not fall foul of either the tacho or WTD rules.

Sorry for misunderstanding this guys but, which is it?

The 60 hours is just driving and other work, not the total time you can be at work which includes POA, break and even a rest period during the shift. Over 5 days you could do 5x15 hour shifts, which is 75 hours but the WTD element could be less than 48. I used to do weeks where I did 3 return trips to Dublin, 6 shifts, and at the end of the week I would be booking 85- 90 hours on my time sheet but driving and other work would total 40 - 45 hours.

even a rest period during shift

Can you please elaborate more on this, when/why would you take a rest period (being 9/11/45hrs) during shift?

wheelyb:

even a rest period during shift

Can you please elaborate more on this, when/why would you take a rest period (being 9/11/45hrs) during shift?

Three hours during the shift when you make use of a split daily rest. That coupled with 9 hours at the end of the shift gives you a full daily rest period and does not count as one of your 9 hour reduced daily rest periods. Used a lot by container drivers who can often get three hours doing nothing during a shift, and I used to make use of it when I had a 4 hour ferry crossing during my shift.