Maritime

Saw one in fenny lock yesterday pulling a curtainsider with maritime written down the side of it.
Not seen that before…just curious on how long have they been doing that :question: :question:

Subbing for Stobarts.

they are serious about moving into alternative markets , should be interesting times

http://maritimetransport.com/services/distribution.cfm#introduction

from the blurb , THIS caught my eye for some reason :wink:

Similarly, in the unfortunate event that an incumbent supplier ceases trading, we are able to provide almost immediate support to prevent your business being adversely affected. We can install highly experienced operations staff and a fleet of vehicles on site, at speed, to ensure minimal supply chain interruption

I Started to see them last week. Its only on the eastern side that they came onto my radar. Saw 1 on the M1 NB today. One on M4 heading west by M25 on thurs.

there were three of them parked in Hams Hall depot this morning

Maritime
Distribution
Our distribution trailer fleet includes 13.6m tautliners, specified to carry 26 GKN pallets up to 28 tonnes GLW. A number of our trailers are fitted with retainer bars to accommodate roll cages. Because the requirements for distribution vary from customer to customer, we can design or tailor trailers to match the exact business requirements, whilst retaining flexibility for shared user operations

Dunno how true it is but I was told that 50 curtainsiders were delivered to maritime with MARETIME written down the side :laughing: .

all the maritime curtainsiders you are seeing are ex stobart tesco speck,they brought a hundred of them,seems like they have seen how succesful stobarts have been doing tesco work and the profit"s you can make so they all want a piece of the action

MO(Topgun):
all the maritime curtainsiders you are seeing are ex stobart tesco speck,they brought a hundred of them,seems like they have seen how succesful stobarts have been doing tesco work and the profit"s you can make so they all want a piece of the action

Wow!! are you really the guy off the telly program?? I’m in awe! You came across as a top bloke i aspire to reach the levels of trucking that you clearly showed in that program.
Your a credit to this industry my friend and don’t let anyone tell you any different.
Just make sure you don’t miss that sunshine bus and they don’t forget to release your tongue from that window my friend…and can i have your autograph!!

MO(Topgun):

I’d be amazed if Maritime get a piece of the Tesco action unless it’s subbed through Stobarts as they have the mighty T sewn up tighter than a double stitched fur ■■■■■.

MO(Topgun):

They’re not they’re all brand new he’s bought 50 with an option on a further 50 Just bought a large slice of land at hams hall as a base.

Thetaff:

MO(Topgun):

Wow!! are you really the guy off the telly program?? I’m in awe! You came across as a top bloke i aspire to reach the levels of trucking that you clearly showed in that program.
Your a credit to this industry my friend and don’t let anyone tell you any different.
Just make sure you don’t miss that sunshine bus and they don’t forget to release your tongue from that window my friend…and can i have your autograph!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Saw one pulling onto the M62 east bound at Gildersome on Weds.am. For some reason I think the unit was painted a bit different to the one’s on the box job :question: Might have just imagined that though :blush: :blush: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I would think it is Wincantons, or TDGs work they are after as both these outfits seem to be poorly managed. Lets not forget Russel Davies ran a curtainsider fleet as did Hanbury Davies. Glyn and John are looking for new business, I am sure they know what they are doing.

Paul John:
I would think it is Wincantons, or TDGs work they are after as both these outfits seem to be poorly managed. Lets not forget Russel Davies ran a curtainsider fleet as did Hanbury Davies. Glyn and John are looking for new business, I am sure they know what they are doing.

What no Ian Wilson in the background he’s been the company rotweiler every other time starting at Cartco

CRISPY:

Paul John:

What no Ian Wilson in the background he’s been the company rotweiler every other time starting at Cartco

he was at Cartco when i was, what a plum he was, bringing in uniforms (shirts and ties) cos stobarts have got them! then they bought in Matthew Ashworth, who, im led to beleive went to Maritime in the end.

kindle530:

CRISPY:

Paul John:

he was at Cartco when i was, what a plum he was, bringing in uniforms (shirts and ties) cos stobarts have got them! then they bought in Matthew Ashworth, who, im led to beleive went to Maritime in the end.

Didn’t Ian Wilson go to Wincanton as part of the deal when they bought Hanbury Davies? Always good to have someone on the inside!

Yes Ian Wilson went to Wincanton when Hanbury was Sold.

And Matthew Ashworth is one of the owners of Goldstar!

AaronR

I work for Maritime, we’ve got 60 trailers, and have took a contract or 2 off Stobarts on the Tesco work, but it’s not just about Tesco, I think it’s just expanding out of containers since there’s fewer boxes shipping these days and we now have more units and staff than ever before.

Personally, I don’t want to do curtains, I came off them onto containers.

The units are the same units that pull the boxes as we can just swap and change as and when required. We do have a couple of special units with anderson (sp?) leads on for tail lifts, but we already had those for other work we did.