Marshalls haulin' stobart trailers

I thought they supplied building materials/garden material etc and had their own trailers, as saw one on the a14 with a taut on, are they doing it to suppliment there income till the trade picks up again?? or did it have 26 pallets of bricks inside? never seen that before, looked odd so just thought would ask on here.

cheers
CC

Seen an Thomas Armstrongs (concrete blocks) unit today with an Stobart trailer at the old co-op depot in Birtley.

They pull every year at Xmas time

Seen em loaded with Thermalite blocks or pulling Tesco curtainsiders on the bottom of the M25 in the last couple of months so maybe it’s gone quiet on the paving side?

Having said that weve done a few loads out of their Sandy depot recently so who knows?

I work at Stobarts (Goole) on the Tesco contract, and we have a few Marshalls wagons working out of our depot at the moment.

Marshalls have 40 trucks nationwide working for Stobbies. I have friends who work for them.

As you can imagine, it goes quiet in the building trade this time of year, and 2 of Marshalls hierachy are ex Stobbies. Conversely, Stobbies have some vehicles going into Marshalls, but because they are curtainsiders, you won’t see what’s inside.

And yes, they do it every year.

A case of you scratch my back…

Ken.

i saw a gee’s unit pulling a stobbie trailer the other day so it must be catching… :laughing:

Ive seen a Marshalls pulling a Euroliner in the last week or so, one of those Dutch ones, cant remember which outfit, but it was a cloggy one.

Also, Maritime are pulling trailers for Tradeteam out of the Branston NDC :open_mouth:

I think its a bit of training, for when they have their “Taut” fleet up and running :open_mouth:

Zero to £10 million in the first year IIRC, that`s what Big John wants FFS :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Also, Maritime are pulling trailers for Tradeteam out of the Branston NDC

Maritime are also pulling Tesco trailers :wink: :wink:

They just ordered 50 new tautliner trailers too , as they want to diversify into " retail " logistics

shade:

Also, Maritime are pulling trailers for Tradeteam out of the Branston NDC

Maritime are also pulling Tesco trailers :wink: :wink:

They just ordered 50 new tautliner trailers too , as they want to diversify into " retail " logistics

I think a “purchase” is on the cards, if they want to get big pretty quickly in the retail side, Big John is a canny trucker :wink:

keano1:
I work at Stobarts (Goole) on the Tesco contract,quote]

how do you cope with the tesco boys not letting you in …■■ they do my nut in …

bowser:

keano1:

Them tesco boys are weird, flash like mad, wave like loonies, but, blank you in the waiting room :unamused:

That`s if you are in a kaxor BTW, notsure what they do if your one Eddies finest, apart from not letting you in :open_mouth:

Edge over, it works a treat, but, i did`nt tell you that :wink:

bowser:

keano1:

Is there any tesco drivers left ■■?
Plenty tesco trailers around but they always seem to be pulled by subbies