Maritime & Stobart?

Are these two working together?
Yesterday on the M2 i saw a Maritime unit pulling a Tesco Curtainsider.

I didn’t think too much of it until i saw the same again today on the A14, and half a mile behind him was a Maritime unit pulling a Stobart Curtainsider

Just seen a Maritime pulling a Tesco trailor on the A38 northbound at Burton on trent

perhaps a lack of work for maritime i noticed marshals the block paving company are pulling a lot of stobart trailers at the moment

maritime subbing for tesco …if they are pulling a stobart trailer its just because tesco have loaded it thats all

maritime subbing for tesco …if they are pulling a stobart trailer its just because tesco have loaded it thats all

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64548

Not quite sure who is contracted to who in this case but the other week someone posted this link from Road Transport and started this topic. It is now on page 5 of this forum.

Maritime drivers started arriving where I work on Thursday morning, no previous info from management, bringing empty skelly trailers with them, then dropping them, started hooking up our blue curtainsider trailers and trundled off into the snow and delivering the contents to the stores for us :smiley:

As usual we are kept in the dark and fed with mushroom compost :slight_smile:

Most of the docks have been ■■■■■■,some of Tesco’s drivers didn’t turn in so they been doing some work for them :wink: ,Maritime dont ■■■■ about and NO they definately aren’t in with Stobarts!!!they are just willing to diversify when needs must,nothing coming out the docks so they ring round and get some work,they’ve done work for them in the past out of Thurrock when work went slack last year.
most of the drivers are moaning like ■■■■ though cause they actually have to get out and do something. :unamused: :unamused:

I saw a Norbert Dentressangle unit pulling an Asda trailer today :open_mouth:

Saw a Maritime with a blue curtainsider in Tescos Chichester today.

DAF95XF:
I saw a Norbert Dentressangle unit pulling an Asda trailer today :open_mouth:

Norbert’s do run all of Asda’s traywashes :confused:

einstein:
Maritime moves into distribution - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Not quite sure who is contracted to who in this case but the other week someone posted this link from Road Transport and started this topic. It is now on page 5 of this forum.

Maritime drivers started arriving where I work on Thursday morning, no previous info from management, bringing empty skelly trailers with them, then dropping them, started hooking up our blue curtainsider trailers and trundled off into the snow and delivering the contents to the stores for us :smiley:

As usual we are kept in the dark and fed with mushroom compost :slight_smile:

Bikemonkey:
Most of the docks have been [zb],some of Tesco’s drivers didn’t turn in so they been doing some work for them :wink: ,Maritime dont [zb] about and NO they definately aren’t in with Stobarts!!!they are just willing to diversify when needs must,nothing coming out the docks so they ring round and get some work,they’ve done work for them in the past out of Thurrock when work went slack last year.
most of the drivers are moaning like [zb] though cause they actually have to get out and do something. :unamused: :unamused:

Ta :smiley:

I sub for Maritime out of Thamesport and Today I have been doing tesco store deliveries from Thurrock, Tescos have had a few problems with the snow i think as all my deliveries were Thursdays or Fridays,( I won’t be doing it again as I ache all over from having to tip the bloody things, don’t know how people can do that every day!) Maritime and Stobarts have been working together for ages, they have people reloading empty boxes at crick to deliver to tescos thurrock for about 8 months now.

I think i read somewhere that maritine are starting to do general haulage work as well as the container side

http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2010/11/24/137505/Maritime-targets-retail-distribution-market.htm

Now i think about it, on wednesday night i saw a convoy of 5 Maritime trucks running solo towards Thurrock, so i guess that would explain that as well

Transitvan+45galdrum:
( I won’t be doing it again as I ache all over from having to tip the bloody things, don’t know how people can do that every day!)

Theres a method in it. No need to be a Russian weightlifter on steriods to unload the trailer. Only if you get a cage with bad wheels then you might struggle, easy solution, stick a pallet truck under the cage and wheel it off. Stores have all got them :slight_smile:

Thanks to all the Maritime drivers who have helped us over the last few days :smiley:

Glad I’ve been off all week, not lookin’ forward to going back in on Monday if I have to work for my wages lol.

Honestly though, the reason ‘box drivers’ moan when asked to do work like this is the massive wage difference.
We choose to do boxes at a massively reduced hourly rate compared to general because we’re sick of the ■■■■, injuring ourselves on ■■■■■ badly maintained curtains, slipping on tail lifts and generally just aren’t interested in that side of the business.

We’ll hapilly do 70+hrs per week to earn what you do in 40hrs + / -, but that’s because the other 30hrs we’re asleep, but we’re still away from our homes, families etc.

As I said, it’s a choice, my mate does co-op / somerfield for £11 odd per hour, I do boxes for 7 quid an hour, end of the week we come out with similar wages, but he’s home every night but I spend a good portion of my working week on here.

Bibby units were pulling T’s trailers as well on friday night.