Maritime

I’ve just been offered a job tramping here. Can any one tell me what they are like to work for, believe I will be cab hoping for about 6-7 weeks until I get my own truck.

I’m currently looking for a job at the moment, im going to phone maritime on monday morning to try and arrange an interview, would like to know what the pay is like, motors seem spotless and pleanty of them flying about which is always a good sign

emm be carefull been there 9 months finished me today saying im not suitable for the company ,not had a cross word or anything for the last 9months
you please yourself tho ,its abit like marmite ,you either love it or hate it

Hopefully you will pay more attention to your delivery notes than you did to this forum, you’ve posted this in the overnight parking forum :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ll move it for you :wink:

Last week i saw a maritime unit with a tesco trailer delivering roll cages to a tesco extra in Birstall West Yorkshire.I doubt the driver expected this type of work when he joined maritime.

Do they do tesco extra stores regularly?

Denis F:
Hopefully you will pay more attention to your delivery notes than you did to this forum, you’ve posted this in the overnight parking forum :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ll move it for you :wink:

A month too late :unamused: :unamused:

hi m8 which terminal u tramping out of r u on containrer work or distribution :slight_smile:

LeedsChris:
Last week i saw a maritime unit with a tesco trailer delivering roll cages to a tesco extra in Birstall West Yorkshire.I doubt the driver expected this type of work when he joined maritime.

Do they do tesco extra stores regularly?

Yeah they’ve got a contract with Tesco, they bring a lot of the containers in from the docks to various DC’s and then backload store deliveries. They’ve got about 10 units based at Tesco in Reading, some do containers and some also do store deliveries. Other Maritime units come and go when Tesco need more drivers at busy periods, they moan like mad when they realise it’s not just a case of opening back doors and getting back in the bunk :laughing: dummies everywhere :laughing:

Think I saw somewhere, they are also doing Arla work in Leeds. Some of those container guys might not fancy doing tets :wink:

Flexi:
pleanty of them flying about which is always a good sign

Ive never seen marmite flying about, 52 tops…:grimacing:

Pimpdaddy:

Flexi:
pleanty of them flying about which is always a good sign

Ive never seen marmite flying about, 52 tops…:grimacing:

If that, even we manage to overtake them.

My knowledge is Maritime will pay quite well, If you take your holidays there might not be a truck for you when you return, if your mpg isn’t good they will replace you as soon as possible, they want there pound of flesh but you’ll earn ok for it. A stop gap for a couple of years probably. good luck

How comes you never get to keep your own truck out of curiosity■■? when tramping.

When I was there my truck was parked up for three weeks while I was on holiday.Kept one truck the whole time I was there even when I had a few sick days off nobody touched it,that was FX.

I keep hearing rumours that maritime lay you off when the “quiet” period comes?

Dan_1986:
I keep hearing rumours that maritime lay you off when the “quiet” period comes?

We were told this COULD happen.

I was told I was told that SOMEONE was going to be laid off during December, so I said ‘I’ll take 1st week off no probs’ (my missus’ birthday), came back from hols on Saturday around 3pm to be told I’d be on nights the following week.

Then, they had the cheek to whinge if I stopped during a long run (Cambridge to Manchester) for a run around the truck or 40 winks, and I told the person who phoned me to ‘shut the ■■■■ up’ and hung up and turned the phone off. :imp:

I got a ‘permanent truck’ a couple of weeks later, but it was in a different depot. A couple of months later I was fired for ‘defrauding the company of money’, there is a story to that which I won’t bore you with, but…

Job is good, kit is good, management need a kick up the arse, drivers need to keep their mouths shut and be 100% on the ball legit, this means if planner says “ring us at 5am” you put your card in, do your checks then ring, don’t do them a favour by ringing 1st to see what they say…

If you turn up at a depot and they say “you should be at an other depot about an hour ago”, you go to other depot then do a manual entry from the time you arrived at 1st depot if that’s when you want paying from etc…

Watch your back, say nothing, do nothing wrong and cover your arse (did I say that already?) and it’s a decent gig.

Hmmmm its these or containerlift ive been looking at. I quite fancy the lifting side of containerlift, ive had a interview at maritime for tramping but put it on hold till end of aug due to holiday commitments and they not paying holiday pay till you’ve earned it