Maritime pulling for Tesco

Saw a first for me this afternoon, Maritime doing a Tesco store delivery with a Tesco trailer. Is this the norm now that if your usual line of business is a bit quiet you go and pull for Tesco ?. Or are they just chasing Stobart ?.

i believe they have a contract now to split down imported containers, and deliver to rdc’s and looks like possibly stores as well then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

We’ve been doing it for 2 years now. Been a bit of a surge of late. Lots of subbies on there at the moment

ASDA in Warrington was today subbing some store deliveries out to Barronwood (only traction required for ASDA trailers), there were all sorts of outside hauliers in there today

Fowler Welch and Culina also pull for Tosco and there’s Bull Transport who do a lot from Tosco Avonmouth.

Saw one in Tesco Crick last Friday, throwin his dummy out the pram cos he’d been waiting nearly two hours to get tipped, throwin a right wobbly at the guy behind the counter makin himself look a right ■■■■■

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Seen maritime wagons parked in arla leeds and pulling there trailers this week

Sent from my iPad but adjusted even more to ■■■■ winseer off.

Kerbdog:
ASDA in Warrington was today subbing some store deliveries out to Barronwood (only traction required for ASDA trailers), there were all sorts of outside hauliers in there today

I saw an Asda unit pulling a Culina trailer last night, I wondered if it was a Subbie doing other work?

and i saw a suttons tanker unit {the red ones} picking up an asda george trailer at washington today :open_mouth:
some strange goings on lately

probably a lot of extra store work due to the extended bank holiday weekend?

Lots of Irish V8’s pulling Tesco trailers at Purfleet.

kindle530:
Lots of Irish V8’s pulling Tesco trailers at Purfleet.

They sub for maritime

done a store delivery from asda rdc yesterday for asda/maritime in a 40 ft box that was meant to go m-t back to southampton…bet the shipper knew nothing about it.

The shipping lines do know, and they get thier box back to the docks for nowt, maritime get paid for doing a load and asda get the stuff delivered, everyones happy.

Not much fun when they cram 26 pallets of crisps into a 45ft though and they cant get the pallets out because they are squidged in!

happysack:
probably a lot of extra store work due to the extended bank holiday weekend?

I was thinking along these lines.

Maritime are buying Stobarts. :open_mouth:

I never knew tescos were selling Stobarts :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeh they are selling them as buy on get one free :grimacing: :grimacing:

Lee G:
The shipping lines do know, and they get thier box back to the docks for nowt, maritime get paid for doing a load and asda get the stuff delivered, everyones happy.

Not much fun when they cram 26 pallets of crisps into a 45ft though and they cant get the pallets out because they are squidged in!

The shipping lines dont know!!..the box is paid back to port or icd/round trip,if Maritime have a box on one of their trailers loaded or empty,then they are getting paid…so they grab a load out of Asda Didcot,Tesco or whoever for a store delivery down on the south coast or wherever and its more money in the bank for Maritime and no- one gets hurt…the only time it’ll come unstuck is if one gets turned over :wink: and then the shipping line or insurance company will want to know why there are goods belonging to Asda/Tesco or whoever inside. :wink:

When on Maritime, used to do Tesco work when quiet, Jan / Feb etc.

spectron:
Seen maritime wagons parked in arla leeds and pulling there trailers this week

This was a regular job when I was at Maritime in Leeds, but they had a regular driver who did it (ex- Arla driver lol), there was a few others trained for it for when he was off, I wasn’t 1 of them.