Maritime sub-contracting

Hi for all
I’m thinking about doing job for maritime ( sub contractor) i contact with them and i receive start pack with few information but still looking for more before i can make decision. Is anyone who working for them and know something about this job.
-is any guarantees mileages per week?

• what is average mill per week ?
    and any additional information
    thank you

Done to death on here, use the search. 2/10 for a first post

Job rate, it won’t make you rich, try freightliner if you live near one of their bases, low miles, low diesel, home most nights

It’s not worth it :wink:

Some make it work some don’t, try for yourself.

jessicas dad:

They way is not to just try it for yourself but to find out rates and talk to the subbies that have worked for them. I can see that one ex subbie has told you it’s not worth it(and on the enquirees I made a few years ago he ain’t wrong). try get a cpl of opinions most will tell will tell you what they earn week in week out .

chester1:

jessicas dad:

They way is just try it for yourself but to find out rates and talk to the subbies that have worked for them. I can see that one ex subbie has told you it’s not worth it(and on the enquirees I made a few years ago he ain’t wrong). try get a cpl of opinions most will tell will tell you what they earn week in week out .

The thing is on here you get the usual war mongers that are all doom and gloom yet I know owner drivers that are quite happy on maritime.

If you to half the advice on here you wouldn’t get out of bed.

jessicas dad:

chester1:

jessicas dad:

They way is just try it for yourself but to find out rates and talk to the subbies that have worked for them. I can see that one ex subbie has told you it’s not worth it(and on the enquirees I made a few years ago he ain’t wrong). try get a cpl of opinions most will tell will tell you what they earn week in week out .

The thing is on here you get the usual war mongers that are all doom and gloom yet I know owner drivers that are quite happy on maritime.

And if you just tried it you would not need to get out of bed you’d go skint . Yes I’m sure maritime has it’s fair share of content subbies but the advice to ‘just’ try it is not good . If you want to know what a firm is like to sub from speak to existing subbie’s most will give you a good idea of earnings and what it’s like if it’s better just doing locals or up the road .mabey you could put him in touch with the people you know who are on for them that may be more helpfull than advising him to just try it. I don’t have any problem with maritime I’m sure there a very good firm to pull for but when I spoke to them and a cpl of subbies I knew on there I decided pulling for them wasn’t for me .

The way I see it is, if the money was that good they would put another truck on the road themselves, I thought subbing for one company was for busy periods not a way of life.

You can bet you bottom $ they are still making a coin out of the load your pulling for them!

NewLad:
You can bet you bottom $ they are still making a coin out of the load your pulling for them!

Of couse they do isnt that business. :confused:

I have pm’ ed a username to the op.

chester1:

jessicas dad:

chester1:

jessicas dad:

And if you just tried it you would not need to get out of bed you’d go skint . Yes I’m sure maritime has it’s fair share of content subbies but the advice to ‘just’ try it is not good . If you want to know what a firm is like to sub from speak to existing subbie’s most will give you a good idea of earnings and what it’s like if it’s better just doing locals or up the road .mabey you could put him in touch with the people you know who are on for them that may be more helpfull than advising him to just try it. I don’t have any problem with maritime I’m sure there a very good firm to pull for but when I spoke to them and a cpl of subbies I knew on there I decided pulling for them wasn’t for me .

the subbies a I know are all the old freightliner ones, when freightliner started messing them around they all jumped ship and went onto maritime where they have been for quite a number of years now.

they like it, they do the local runs not much distance and are loads happier, I also know of a few subbies from roadways that went there and again still happy and still plodding along.

I agree if you want to run a blinged up truck running back wards and forwards to the ports then maybe its crap but doing 2/3 locals a day seems to work for them.

I also know that people will tell you anything or what you want to hear but until you try it yourself you wont find out the truth, maybe your face will fit maybe it wont.

there was a member on here years ago little enis and he had a thread that other subbies was getting loads better work than him but was passing brown enverlopes over :confused:

jessicas dad:

NewLad:

Of couse they do isnt that business. :confused:

I have pm’ ed a username to the op.

Good man I’m sure that will be very helpfull .