Manual logging on tacho disc

ladies and gents I could do with your knowledge in solving a "puzzle’. It is regarding tacho’s and no one ever seems have an answer. Is it a legal requirement to do a manual log on the back of your disc at the end of your working day?.

Not sure if it’s a requirement, but I do open and close a tacho chart by marking the End of Daily rest and Start of Daily rest on the back of the chart. I feel happy handing them in to the Agency knowing that the charts can’t be manipulated by anyone else.

You dont need to put anything on the back unless you are way from the vehicle & need to record work or duty, changing to another vehicle or making not of any mistakes or changes.

End daily/weekly rest & start daily/weekly rest can be recorded on the front of the chart between the two time zone lines & that is the only makings allowed outside the centre feild.

it all covered with illistrations in the gv262 obtained from the dsa or vosa website.

ill even email you a copy.
its a pdf file veiwed in acrobat.

robntl:
End daily/weekly rest & start daily/weekly rest can be recorded on the front of the chart between the two time zone lines & that is the only makings allowed outside the centre feild.

But that only applies in the U.K. Even the, either VOSA or DfT sites, can’t remember which, cautions that this may not be deemed acceptable in other Euro Countries.

I don’t ‘do Euro’, but I sometimes takes an 18 Seater over to Calais, for a bit of shopping, and therefore I refuse to put SDR, EDR on the front. I record it on the back.

If I have a ‘waiting period’ i.e., waiting for a vehicle to become available. Then I do a ‘manual entry’ on the rear. I don’t bother with the odd 5 or ten minutes at the beginning and end of a shift, but if a wait is in excess of 15 minutes, then a manual entry is justified.