Tacho Records

Can anyone clarify this scenario for me please.

I’m driving an agency vehicle (which may change daily) so at the end of my day I remove the tachograph chart. The next day I start with a new one and so on. Am I obliged to insert a manual record of rest periods (i.e daily rest) on the back of the charts for each day showing beginnig of daily rest period and end ?

Thanks

The charts you used are a record of the work/driving/breaks that you did in a particular shift.
Anything not on the charts is regarded as rest

At the time you clock on,draw a line on the tacho at the time you start and write EDR - end of daily rest, then whatever is recorded from there is duty time, at the end of the shift put a line at the finish time and write SDR - start of daily rest, this then indicates anything after that point is rest.

At the end of your working week on the last line before your WEEKLY rest begins, write SWR and at the end of the weekly rest ie the start of the following working week put EWR on it :smiley:

Do you write this on the front or back of the chart or doesn’t it matter :question:

MAT:
Do you write this on the front or back of the chart or doesn’t it matter :question:

Either.

We do it on the front ie the side that trace lines are marked on

Thanks chaps

garnerlives:

Company policy may determine which side.
As long as those lines drawn on the front do not infringe the area being recorded on then it seems VOSA do not mind these days - they used to in the past as I got a ticking off for doing such many years ago.
I remember the VOSA man telling me - “You do not put any writing or markings outside the centrefield area !!”

ROG:

garnerlives:

Company policy may determine which side.
As long as those lines drawn on the front do not infringe the area being recorded on then it seems VOSA do not mind these days - they used to in the past as I got a ticking off for doing such many years ago.
I remember the VOSA man telling me - “You do not put any writing or markings outside the centrefield area !!”

We had a memo saying to do it on the front as apparently some Vosa jobbies like it that way as all the rel info is easier to read ( they cant work out how to turn a tacho over :laughing: )