Tacho

Ok guys , need some advice , started new job driving class 2 , Tuesday I was in 7.5 with digi tacho , sorted I thought , today was in 18tonne with analogue tacho , do I keep a written record of Tuesday’s driving and other work on paper tacho , basically what I’m asking should I just keep a record of all driving and other work ?

I don’t see the need. If VOSA want to get picky they can download your card and see you worked on the Tuesday, plus you will have the paper chart from Today on you so you’re sorted.

cliffey:
Ok guys , need some advice , started new job driving class 2 , Tuesday I was in 7.5 with digi tacho , sorted I thought , today was in 18tonne with analogue tacho , do I keep a written record of Tuesday’s driving and other work on paper tacho , basically what I’m asking should I just keep a record of all driving and other work ?

You already have a record of Tuesdays work on your driver card and a record of todays work on a chart, that’s why you have to carry both charts and card regardless of what type of tachograph you’re using.
No other records are required unless you’ve deviated from the regulations and need to keep a printout explaining the deviation.

When you next use a digital tachograph, if it’s a type 2 tachograph, that’s the ones where you have to record the time between shifts, don’t use the bed symbol for the time since you last ejected the card use the ? symbol.
If you use the bed symbol for the time since the card was last ejected you’ll be saying you’ve been on rest which clearly you haven’t, the ? symbol is for unallocated time such as time using an analogue tachograph.

Off topic here but I’ve always used the ? symbol when entering manual entries. Tomorrow when I start at 05:30 I’ll be using the ? from the time I pulled my card today to the current time when I insert my card.

Radar19:
Off topic here but I’ve always used the ? symbol when entering manual entries. Tomorrow when I start at 05:30 I’ll be using the ? from the time I pulled my card today to the current time when I insert my card.

I believe some companies tell their drivers to use the ? symbol for rest periods but technically you should use the bed symbol for rest, though to be honest I’ve no idea if anyone would care whether you use the bed symbol or the ? symbol … but I sort of doubt it.

Radar19:

I know some companies, request this, but I cant see why. If ?=Time unaccounted for, by putting a manual entry in you are in effect accounting for time, so surely if its rest you are attempting to account for it should be bed.

But as Tachograph says its splitting hairs over nothing really.

Brilliant guys , thanks for your help