manual entrys

Hi truckers
Be gentle please.
Im changing career and will eventual be jumping in to the wagon .if get a job c+e hopefully .dont want to [zb] it up so question is .ive not used tacho very often last time was 3-4 weeks ago do i make manual entry to last time i used it ? And each time i start ? Help will be apreciated.

Strictly speaking, you should make manual entries for all work that you do in any week during which you do any in-scope driving. Either by inputting on the tacho head next time you are in the cab (which is of course totally impracticable for anything other than a day or so’s work!) or, more realistically by handwritten records. By the book, these handwritten records should be made either on the back of an analogue chart or the back of a length of tachograph printer roll, but in practice DVSA are apparently happy to see diary entries or timesheets simply showing the start and finish times of each shift. The idea is simply to show that you have been taking the necessary daily and weekly rest periods.

No records are needed for any week in which you do no in-scope driving.

I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will be along any minute to correct me :slight_smile:

^^^^^ Pretty much sums it up :smiley:

Personally I wouldn’t recommend putting anything into the tachograph other than the start of the current shift on digital tachograph and the end of the last shift on a digital tachograph, even putting a single days other work in is leaving you open to mistakes unless you’re really comfortable with manual entries.

tachograph:
even putting a single days other work in is leaving you open to mistakes unless you’re really comfortable with manual entries.

I agree with you there! Our fleet all has the later version VDO tachographs and I can manage to input a full day (not forgetting breaks!) given five minutes’ peace and quiet with no interruptions. Although I wouldn’t even try to do it on one of the earlier units! Last time I set myself the task of doing it (after a CPC “training day”) I found I had been allocated a hired Mercedes with a Stoneridge tacho. I did it, but it was more by luck than judgement…

Thanks guys, helps a bit cpc training was not much help a year ago. Not done much driving with tacho in .wont be a matter of time now maybe next week start driving.very informative site this.

Some drivers are paid from the tacho times.
For an example, you are told to start at 5 am.
Your lorry is not back.from the night shift or it is the garage .
You get the lorry back at 7 am.
Manual entries for this then.
Work records and shift start and end times must match.up to tacho times .
DVSA enforcement want to see this in practice.
It only takes a driver to be stopped on the road for a problem that will attract more attention to the employees business with a home visit to inspect work records .

You may find this info useful ?
He does the same using a Stoneridge Tacho on his YouTube channel.
youtube.com/channel/UCIXDuf … nhTxb1RChw