manchester congestion charge

looks like its on the way in the near future :cry:

from what i here on the radio today its going to involve some sort of black box fitted to your vehicle (whos paying for that :question: ).they really are starting to take the ■■■■ .tax on fuel ,rtf roll roads how much more do they won’t to earn from the motorists :smiling_imp:

can anyone local shed more light on it :question:

jon

Makes you almost feel sorry for al the Man United fans. They have the London congestion charge where they live and now might have to fork out again when they go to home games. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Makes you almost feel sorry for al the Man United fans. They have the London congestion charge where they live and now might have to fork out again when they go to home games. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Surrey isn’t in London is it?

TC

JUST ANOTHER STEALTH TAX, THE MONEY COLLECTED WILL PAY FOR THE COUNCILLORS WAGE RISE (ALLEGEDLY THEY DO THE JOB FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY) sorry about caps
its all about fleecing the motorist yet again.
just as a by their is an actual car that can do 135 miles and acheive a speed of over 70 mph that runs on compressed air but no funding available I WONDER WHY could it be lack of money from the oil guys

I saw in the paper a while back that the take from motoring taxes, NOT including speeding/parking fines or other fines, was £44.000.000.000 (Billion) pounds, and that in 2004 they spent £5.000.000.000 (Billion) on roads.

And yet I saw a bearded tree hugger state on our local news that, “motorist’s cannot keep using the roads for free”, I wonder where this free motoring utopia is?.

Coffeeholic:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edward Teller:
I saw in the paper a while back that the take from motoring taxes, NOT including speeding/parking fines or other fines, was £44.000.000.000 (Billion) pounds, and that in 2004 they spent £5.000.000.000 (Billion) on roads.

i don’t think it’s anywhere near 9% :question: :angry:

jonboy:
from what i here on the radio today its going to involve some sort of black box fitted to your vehicle

jon

Keep your sandwiches on top of it, but just make sure they’re wrapped in alloy foil :stuck_out_tongue:

from what i here on the radio today its going to involve some sort of black box fitted to your vehicle

Got to be the most stupid way of doing things you could imagine - no state project involving IT can ever be completed without going over-budget by at least 26 billion. This is yet another way at throwing cash at some company that certain councillors have a good few shares in.

G

Black boxes and electronics , hmmmm . Upto a ford in my trusty landrover when it’s running nice and deep and then slowly drive through it and let the water seep into the lovely little electric box and break it :laughing:

paul@midway:
Black boxes and electronics , hmmmm . Upto a ford in my trusty landrover when it’s running nice and deep and then slowly drive through it and let the water seep into the lovely little electric box and break it :laughing:

Love the idea, although what is the bet that they will try and make the owner of the vehicle responsible for it’s upkeep. ■■ . Hopefully no-one will have anything to do with the whole scheme, a good bit of civil disobedience is what this country needs to save us from these morons !!!

G

mmmm. can just imagine it. im on holiday in the lake district and the mrs fancies going to the arndale cente for a quick bash of my credit card and spend half a day having a box i will use once fitted. or if you get diverted of the m62 and have to go through the city centre. now that could be fun. not.

Gazzareth:

paul@midway:

Love the idea, although what is the bet that they will try and make the owner of the vehicle responsible for it’s upkeep. ■■ . Hopefully no-one will have anything to do with the whole scheme, a good bit of civil disobedience is what this country needs to save us from these morons !!!

G

Of course the owner will be responsible for the upkeep and the cost of the installation. Very easy to do so that everyone pays.

HOW

It will be part of the M O T
NO box, no pass certificate/M O T failure :unamused: