Congestion charging

a BIG thankyou to the people of Manchester.

Congestion charging is a good idea, for cars. It should be bought in in lots of places for them. I don’t see why wagons should pay though, we’re not going down the shops or popping out for a pint, we’re working and supplying goods to the people of these places.

I’m not tree hugger but something has to be done because the roads are too crowded. Manchester is pretty bad IMO but by no means the worst place. Until the powers that be realise that commercial traffic and private cars are different then we’re on a hiding to nothing. Trucks should be exempt as they’re doing a service.

As for todays vote, its no surprise. Everybody who owns a car is going to vote ‘NO’ because they already pay for their vehicle and don’t want to pay again. There are more car-drivers than bus-riders, the result was never in doubt. :unamused:

congestion charging is not a good idea theres was going to be 3 points for crossing within a stones throw from my house no one round here wanted it they covered every route it was a joke we pay enough tax now as it is and look at the state of the roads look at the state of the of the country at the mo thats what happens when you you tax people to death