It's no April Fool's joke-HGV Road User Levy starts today

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … ed-to-know

This isn’t related to this in any way is it?

Well its about time… Seems to me is that half of Euro wanna charge the UK lorries for travelling on there roads, so why shouldn’t this country

Bit late this was on the table way back in the nineties, but jack happened as usual, to little to late me thinks.

i can see the m20 been crammed today with police and vosa dishing out dozens of these £300 fines to non-GB registered trucks. Ive been using train a couple of times a week and the information supplied at both ends has been minimal. Ive seen NOTHING on the calais side at all and the "leaflets" only appeared UK side a couple of weeks ago, even then i only saw them near travelex as i was going to buy my vignette. Question is how many foriegn drivers go into the information area to buy vignette, get a coffee exchange cash ect■■? not many from what ive seen

even the the information on actually paying is minimal, last i saw was online only?

So as said i expect the M20 to be crawling with smiling police/vosa pulling every tom ■■■■ and harry.

will let you know in a few hours as i`m heading to train today from coventry

Here you go with with actual figures and what it is expected to raise, I tend to agree with the comments that it will cost more to implement than it will actually raise leaving us out of pocket once more with the UK haulier picking up the bill.

thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars … roads.html

My mate is tramping down in Kent all week he’s been down the M20 this morning and saw 2 Johnny’s being pulled, can only assume it’s for the Road User Levy, he says don’t usually see that many VOSA that far north on the M20.

One of ours was pulled today and just asked if he had it said the boss deals with all that and was sent on his way. Thing is they can check all they want at the ports but who is going to check on day 5 of the lorry being in the country, they cannot police the cabotage very effectively let alone keep a check every HGV that has entered the country and how many days it has been here. A £300 fine is only 30 days of being in the UK at a guess would say that once the initial fuss has died down people will just chance their arm and in the main get away with it

Most of the EE drivers are in Ashfordski at some point and it’s advertised there so that’s fine…
:slight_smile:

NewLad:
My mate is tramping down in Kent all week he’s been down the M20 this morning and saw 2 Johnny’s being pulled, can only assume it’s for the Road User Levy, he says don’t usually see that many VOSA that far north on the M20.

Wot? Do they all normally hide south of the M27 then? :confused: :laughing:

Winseer:

NewLad:

Wot? Do they all normally hide south of the M27 then? :confused: :laughing:

You will probably find the 2 foreign trucks were a bit short of finishing there 9hr break (on the hard shoulder) and got caught :slight_smile: :slight_smile: