congestion charge

News today mayor of london is suggesting a charge of £200 a day for heavy trucks and coaches,whats your opinion is it workable?

It’s £200 a day for trucks that don’t meet the low emission standards

If you’ve got a RPC you should be ok

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2404

Denis F:
It’s £200 a day for trucks that don’t meet the low emission standards

If you’ve got a RPC you should be ok

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2404

dafdave
Thanks for that denis but if you read my latest post you will see i0 have realized my error thx again

regards dave

I am glad…

the LEZ suits me, as recently been doing alot in london and I hate it, where as from feb as my truck is not euro 3 they are not going to be sending me in, so one of the glory boys in he new euro 4s we have bought will have to do it…

GET IN!!! :smiley:

There was an item on one of the local radio stations on this subject. A spokesman for a metal recycling company said that this will mean they will have to relocate because they won’t be able to pay the charge. Shame really as they have been in their present location for 200 years.

I don’t think Ken will be happy until he has driven all industry out of London so he can fill it up with skyscrapers and over priced houses.

BBC News:The zone will use cameras to record licence plates and check them against the DVLA database and other records to see if the vehicles meet European emissions standards.

As usual only applies to UK registered vehicles then.

While in principle I agree with reducing pollution caused by all vehicles I think that maybe they should look at other areas for example tackling the problem of the school run ie people who feel the need to drive their kids to school rather than walk or use public transport. How much pollution does this cause? But then that wouldn’t be a vote winner would it.

IMO london should set up lots of hubs outside of the m25 and everybody just delivers to them and vans etc do the deliverys.

maybe i am biased as I hate delivering in “the smoke”

They do it in paris so i here Hub on out skirts and 7.5t’s or vans take it into paris… just amazes me… all these stupid buses in london cause more polution then trucks on ratio … what surely it must be 20 buses to every 2 or 3 artics going into central london on average… but they wont be charged … Ken Livingstone has to be out.

There is Rungis and Garanor, Disco just outside Paris but the streets of Paris are not the place to take the modern trucks in though they used to go in in the old days.
I run on yellow plates so just wave 2 fingers / at the cameras every time I go into London

scottbrown:
IMO london should set up lots of hubs outside of the m25 and everybody just delivers to them and vans etc do the deliverys.

maybe i am biased as I hate delivering in “the smoke”

Yeah, that’ll reduce congestion …
Let’s see, 1 artic with 26 tonne load
versus (roughly) 7 x 7.5 tonners
or 17 x 3.5 tonners (sprinters).

Our firm has about 9 artics delivering to billingsgate and enfield 5 nights a week.
So that would mean 63 x 7.5 tonners or 153 sprinters !
More expense, more emissions, and more traffic.

Non-starter.

If Looney Ken had any ‘Environmental Sensibilities’ he would increase the charge on cars. They account for most of the traffic and are (usually) engaged in non-essential journey’s.

However, each of these cars contains a vote - so no charge increase for them. :unamused: Reading to some of these examples above, bringing goods in in small loads seems like utter madness.

Clear the cars out the way and let the poor sods who have to drive HGV’s on London’s streets get on with doing their job - providing for the lovely voters who put Mad Ken in his job in the 1st place.