M62 shut east bound saturday afternoon

anybody get caught in this yesterday???i left deeside @ 14.13,arrived at unilever leeds @ 21.11,motorway closed,it took me nearly 2 hours to get from junc 23 off at 24…was a nitemare,…the journey usually takes me 2hrs 4 mins.then i got up to the ring road by the 64 in leeds and there was a diversion through what was only to be described as a housing estate due to them resurficing the roundabout…i was supposed to be back to ball packaging in wrexham to load a midnight samlesbury…but i wouldnt have had enough time on a 10 hr drive…and to top it off the wind was a bit rough aswell…not a good night really,just hope the people in the crash on the m62 were too badly hurt

i came through there at 1pm, looks like i just missed it all

I went passed westbound and that queue was long looked like total overkill by the H A as was just at end of slip road onto 62 so could just close sliproad entry and still have plenty of room.
Must say I bet the 4x4 drivers sphincter must have twitched as it was half way over barrier and that is a long drop over the side there

My Daughter was caught in this yesterdat afternoon at about 4pm. she was there over an hour I phoned a relative who works for West Yorkshire Police this morning, and they told me it was a 3 car pile up. The Motorway was closed so the air ambulance could land. My relative tells me there were no fatalities involved.
On the BBC website this morning there is a news story featuring a pile up on the M6 where a 4yr old girl has been killed, and 3 HGV’s involved.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi … m-15908388

Kirk Ella 71:
I went passed westbound and that queue was long looked like total overkill by the H A as was just at end of slip road onto 62 so could just close sliproad entry and still have plenty of room.
Must say I bet the 4x4 drivers sphincter must have twitched as it was half way over barrier and that is a long drop over the side there

We only do what the police ask us to do. :wink: