M62 Tuesday 11th March

Taken me 1 hour to do about a mile (just passed little house)

Not moving

ThirtyTwo:
Taken me 1 hour to do about a mile (just passed little house)

Not moving

ive just been sat in all this for 4 hours its a joke :angry: why do the police have to close it for 6 hours it was 1 car nobody as died its stupid

I heard about this in good time on the radio, then the geezer in the transport orifice phoned to tell me. I was on the way back from a flyer to Cheadle from Bradford.
Decided to come off M60 and go through Oldham and A62 to Huddersfield, which was chocka. Queued from there all the way to Brighouse. Tacho thrown away. :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing:

been an absolute nightmare around Brighouse and Huddersfield

Can’t believe all that chaos for a one car accident.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … er-6802900

An long time later… I got a bit closer to that bridge you can see in the distance in first post

As I was bored, took some videos of loads of people using the hard shoulder

I got caught in this too, almost straight after it happened and was sent on a massive detour (thanks traffic w****er) via Halifax!!!
It was rather ridiculous considering, but saying that, I do hope the person/s involved are recovering. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

bradfordlad9999:
why do the police have to close it for 6 hours it was 1 car nobody as died its stupid

Isn’t it all life changing or fatal injuries require the carriageway to be shut for investigation?

The police love closing motorways,it’s some sort of power trip for them.

The Police, and HA, have to justify road closures, sometimes to Ministers, so the decision is not taken lightly.I would say roughly 95% of all motorway closures are Police led incidents. Talk to a Collision Investigation Officer and you will understand why his evidence has to be 100% correct. If one of my family or friends was killed or seriously injured, I would want o know why and see justice if someone else was at fault.