M62 J20 to J24 east shut by accident (17-3-21)

There’s a big accident on summit of M62 eastbound and its currently completely shut all the way from J20 Rochdale / Oldham to J24 Ainsley Top (Halifax).

Didn’t want to look too closely but 2 trucks at least involved and cargo around from view coming up towards it. All screened off hopefully just to prevent further crashes, but probably not.

No idea if it’ll reopen before any of you need it in morning, but if you’re heading over there it might be worth checking.

examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc … s-20187706

It was shut both ways for a time yesterday afternoon then they lifted the westbound closure around tea time,when I came onto M62 at Ferrybridge matrix was saying jct 26-24 90 min delay,as I went in yard another lad was going to load at Barnsley then over to Manchester so he was going over Woodhead which will have been gridlock.
I always use A62 if something goes off on M62,I live near the A62 and it never seems busy,people always seem to use the diversion and end up getting stuck on that due to the volume of traffic on it.

Too Fast too Close on the phone

One fatality;

examinerlive.co.uk/news/wes … d-20201651

Deceased Driver worked for PD Bannisters of Bradford

poor lad

ArcticMonkey:
Deceased Driver worked for PD Bannisters of Bradford

I thought it was one of theirs. RIP

RIP driver

Given Bannisters recent public enquiry and my own personal experience of a shift for them that drivers family want to be asking serious questions of both the company and the authorities as to the state of that combo.

There may be no fault attached but some people in that company should be ■■■■■■■■ themselves tonight and thinking about how they go about their business.

Hopefully it’ll turn out just to be a genuine unavoidable (as much as possible) accident, but going by the TC report I’ve just read, I agree they’ll be checking maintaince records very carefully.

Assuming PD is the blue one, I’d love to know how the white truck driver got out. Looks like its totally twisted.

Yellow one had taken a heck of a beating although it looked uniform across the front of the unit when I passed (it waa being recovered). Do motorway lampposts flex when hit like some of the signs are supposed to?

Perhaps its time they lpoked again at armco strength as theres quite a drop if that yellow one hadn’t hit the lamppost.

TC report: google.com/amp/s/www.thetel … 46612.amp/

(Google version avoids loads of popups).

Armco was designed for a car at 70 mph and at 30 degrees to put the car back on the road, It was not meant for 44 ton truck.