Accident M62 closed w/b this am

Thought I’d got an easy job last night.Me and another lad run up to Hull,trailer swap and back home.
Got to Hull,had to wait for dayshift to start at 06.00 to tell us what trailers to pick up.
Told the other lad we’d stop on Hartshead Moor for coffee on the way back.
Left Hull at 07.00,got onto M62 just passing J 34 ,the A19 junction when it was all stoplights in front and we came to a rapid halt,I was just under the first bridge,200 yards past the off slip road.
Within a few minutes Radio 2 traffic report says there’s been an accident between here and Ferrybridge,motorway closed.
After an hour and a half,traffic officers are turning everyone around to drive back to the slip road as the accident has been a fatal and the M62 will be closed for an unknown time.
Advised to follow the hollow triangle diversion signs along the A645 to Knottingly and get back on the M62 at Ferrybridge.
On the A645 it took me an hour to do 4 miles,so at the first opportunity I did a U and went back to the M62 junction,then straight over on the A19 down to Donny then onto the M18,glad to get out of it,cost me about two and a half hours.
Got back in the yard at 13.00 and the radio said the M62 was still closed.
Anyone else have any news about the incident.
My thoughts are with everyone involved in this accident,we don’t expect to leave for work on a Mondsay morning and get involved with something like this.
Was anyone else caught up in it?
Take care out there!

You mean this.

truckerplace.eu/phpbb2/viewt … 28&t=10115

got stuck 3 miles from the a19 split at 7.15,got to the top of that slip road at 4 o clock,cant understand why it took so long to clear 3 miles of traffic from a motorway.condolancies to the injured though.

fingermissing:
You mean this.

Dont think it was.

weeto:

fingermissing:
You mean this.

Dont think it was.

It wasn’t as a mate of mine got held up in it briefly but was lucky not to go past the M18, and went down to the A1 and back up to Fairybridge to get back on the M62 to Happysnax.

Ken.

fingermissing:
You mean this.

No.
This was being reported on radio 2 at the same time though.