M62 - question.

Hi people

im over in manchester next tuesday and not been up that way for a while just wondered what state the m62 is in ref road works etc as want to be in manny for about 3pm. going grantham a1/m62 onto manchester is the plan… are there many hold ups mid day ish? how much time should i be allowing.

coming back wed late morning but no rush to get home :exclamation: :sunglasses:

cheers

CC

Cruise Control:
Hi people

im over in manchester next tuesday and not been up that way for a while just wondered what state the m62 is in ref road works etc as want to be in manny for about 3pm. going grantham a1/m62 onto manchester is the plan… are there many hold ups mid day ish? how much time should i be allowing.

coming back wed late morning but no rush to get home :exclamation: :sunglasses:

cheers

CC

there roadworks between junction 28 to 25 both ways with 50 mph speed limit due to replacing crash barrier

and also same restrictions between junction 29 -30 as well

as for hold ups they dont really affect the traffic much or cause delays just gotta watch out for the average speed check cameras that are set up between these junctions mate

as for time to get there cant help u on that as not sure never been down grantham way sorry

Roadworks on M62 both ways from J28 - J25. 3 lanes restricted to 50mph by average speed cameras.

Not usually bad midday but all it needs is for one breakdown and it’s solid. Allow minimum 3hrs from Grantham.

Stan

You might save a little time by going over penisytpone pass, it depends which part manchester your going. Jct 36 of M1 if I remember correctly takes you to Ashton under lyne and the east of Manchester and it’s only a short drive round to Salford and Trafford park.
Anywhere North, northwest your better goijg the way your going, as for roadworks, sorry can,t help you. It’s a few years since I drove in UK seriously.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
You might save a little time by going over penisytpone pass, it depends which part manchester your going. Jct 36 of M1 if I remember correctly takes you to Ashton under lyne and the east of Manchester and it’s only a short drive round to Salford and Trafford park.
Anywhere North, northwest your better goijg the way your going, as for roadworks, sorry can,t help you. It’s a few years since I drove in UK seriously.

im off to ancoats part, where ever that is in manchester :exclamation: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Cruise Control:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

im off to ancoats part, where ever that is in manchester :exclamation: :blush: :blush: :blush:

City centre North.
You can do the Penistone route and off the M60 at Ashton and head for the City Centre then swing by the inner ring road, thats full of roadworks in Ancoats though, lets us know the street your going because there are a couple of closures off Great Ancoats street.
The other way is M62 and either come off at 20 and straight down Broadway > Oldham Road that brings you into Ancoats or 62 > 60 and off at Chadderton then same as.

been manchester and liverpoll twice over last 10 days done both ways snake pass and m62 both were fine and no hold ups at all on either seems quite clear even the road works were fine so take your pick mate either are ok but like any major city it depends on what time your going :smiley:

Cruise Control:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Ancoats is on the A62 just norh of the city centre, go down M62 and come off at jct 17 it will be sign poted it’s near the old Manchester ring road. It’s quite famous is Ancoats, mentioned in the sopng Matchstalk men about L S Lowrie. Don’t ask me anymore than that, it’s 10 years since I was in that part of.Manc land, anyway best of luck

It’s three lanes all the way through the roadworks and is usually okay.

But one breakdown, or slow moving vehicle, and the road is 3 lanes solid!

Stan