THREE years of delays on M62 and M60 as work starts

Well here we go again just when you thought you had a clear run across the M62. :unamused:

17 miles of roadworks with 50mph limit for the next three years between junction 8 of the M60 near Sale and junction 20 of the M62 near Rochdale.

Thats all we need!!!

Full article here in the Manchester Evening News

Lol unreal

Looks like I’ll be using the A556, M56 and M60 even more than before then.

Ffs here we go again, do they have a dartboard right which one next?.
How can they expect drivers stuck in it most days to even begin to reclaim the time wasted when it becomes a “smart” motorway■■? Ooh look a pig flew past :open_mouth:

So thats the M6 M1 and M5 with permanent “temporary” roadworks and now this just a joke.

Which knobhead gets paid to think up the idea that 17 mile of roadworks is a good idea? :unamused: It’s the same with the M1 where someone thought that having 20 mile of roadworks would be a good laugh and improve everyone’s drive back home at rush hour!
I tipped a load of plastic coils to the site compound for the M1 the other day and a bloke their told me there was another 2 year to go yet :open_mouth: :cry:
The traffic reports on a morning and evening will be full of road closures around the M62-M60 for the forcible future then.

So that’s the North and South knackered, and the South West. And the A14 is pretty stuffed Eastbound too. It’s a joke trying to get anywhere.

Everyone still expects their goods to be delivered on time though and the traffic planners will still plan you work and tell customers that you’ll be there at such and such time not taking into consideration the car parks that now pass for Motorways and A-Roads of the UK :unamused:

Lol ■■■■■■■ man

There were complaints when it was suggested a 60mph limit in places to reduce pollution. Seems like a good idea now.

These smart motorway is a load of BS, all’s it means is you’ve got cars up in your Shiz at the same speed as you for yonks on end. I prefer it when they’re whipping past, you can plan your business better then.

That m5 is a laugh in the road works now they’re all on holiday an all.

On the plus side it means you can keep pace with all the totty going into Manchester on a morning :smiley:

chaversdad:
On the plus side it means you can keep pace with all the totty going into Manchester on a morning :smiley:

It’ll be the same pair of ■■■■ and legs you’ll be looking at as you’ll be at a standstill.

Silver_Surfer:

They all take the ■■■■ mate, most civil servants just ■■■■ it off day and night. I’ve seen nurses in hospital talking about soaps for 20 mi s while the phone rings off the hook, eventually they answer it and say “don’t ring this number again, there is only two of us and we’re rushed off our feet”, hangs up the phone and then it back to Walford for part two.

They’ll spend 4 months putting cones out, 2 years making brews and sat in the cabs reading the sport, 4 months actually working, then spend another 4 months putting cones back.

NewLad:
They all take the ■■■■ mate, most civil servants just [zb] it off day and night. I’ve seen nurses in hospital talking about soaps for 20 mi s while the phone rings off the hook, eventually they answer it and say “don’t ring this number again, there is only two of us and we’re rushed off our feet”, hangs up the phone and then it back to Walford for part two.

They’ll spend 4 months putting cones out, 2 years making brews and sat in the cabs reading the sport, 4 months actually working, then spend another 4 months putting cones back.

Don’t forget that’ll be the private contractors Doing the work your talking about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh I do agree about the nurses though :smiley:

NewLad:

Silver_Surfer:

They all take the ■■■■ mate, most civil servants just [zb] it off day and night. I’ve seen nurses in hospital talking about soaps for 20 mi s while the phone rings off the hook, eventually they answer it and say “don’t ring this number again, there is only two of us and we’re rushed off our feet”, hangs up the phone and then it back to Walford for part two.

I was at the quacks the other week and the phone must’ve rang about 3 times and each time must have rang out for over a minute while the split arses on reception talked about perms, nails, holidays and who got the leg over at the weekend :unamused: Imagine them working on 999 calls, you may as we’ll get your funeral arrangements sorted now.

3 Years to do a 17 mile stretch,they’re having a laugh.An article I wrote for Commercial Motor,not yet printed,was based on my belief that the
Fraud Squad should investigate the relationship between the Highways Agency and Road Contractors this is just more evidence.

Armagedon:
3 Years to do a 17 mile stretch,they’re having a laugh.

Good point. Especially when you consider that a few years back after an earthquake the Japanese completely reconstructed a full motorway in under a week, and that included destroyed elevated sections too!

How much are the lads on who work on the recovery who doss in a caravan and maybe go out to a breakdown maybe twice a week?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
How much are the lads on who work on the recovery who doss in a caravan and maybe go out to a breakdown maybe twice a week?

I did that about 3 or 4 years back. I lived on the Tinsley viaduct for 8 weeks, the M18 for 6 weeks and just off the h/s A1 M southbound for 2 weeks. I did probably 15 jobs in all that time and was on £90 per day, 7 days a week regardless of how many or how few hours I did.