Might be use Woodhead tommorow

I’m wondering what sort of traffic i might meet sort of 7 in the morning, havent used the road sincs i cant remember. But i’ve heard that there is a alot of pick and shovel onit at the moment :confused:

From what I have heard there are roadworks about midway so expect a bit of traffic there. I am assuming you will be travelling towards Manchester and at that time of day you will be in a queue from Tintwistle all the way :unamused: :unamused:

Watch the queue jumpers up that hill :wink:

What’s wrong with The Snake, you wuss?

Dogmanbodie:
From what I have heard there are roadworks about midway so expect a bit of traffic there. I am assuming you will be travelling towards Manchester and at that time of day you will be in a queue from Tintwistle all the way :unamused: :unamused:

Watch the queue jumpers up that hill :wink:

If you go up that hill in the right hand lane and turn right at the lights then follow it back round to the left youll be well in front of most of the queue, Ive done it in a car but dont knop if i would do it in an arctic!!

There’s nowt wrong with the Snake, except you’ve got to go through Sheffield to get to it :frowning:
Went from Rotherham to Freightliner at Trafford this afternoon. Because of reports of a waggon rolling over went M62, M60 and came back woodhead not much int it time wise but it’s about 40 kilometers further on the m’ways.

knight:
There’s nowt wrong with the Snake, except you’ve got to go through Sheffield to get to it :frowning:

What’s the issue? From Rotherham, straight down the Park Way, across a couple of islands, up the big hill and you’re through. Piece of [zb]. :confused: :confused:

There’s no problem driving through Sheffield I’ve done it enough times, just traffic and time comsumimg.
Might be interesting to compare the runs,can’t see any advantage, though i have been wrong before.

who in their right mind would choose to go through sheff instead of over woodhead? :open_mouth:
as for the 62 the only time i’ve ever come back that way was when carrying 10x32ft portacabins on a rigid otherwise i’ll take my chances with the traffic, a clearish run is an hour quicker than going round on the motorway.

paul b:
who in their right mind would choose to go through sheff instead of over woodhead? :open_mouth:

I’d use it every time. Far too much traffic on the 628 and speed camera-orama too so you dawdle along at 35mph with everyone else. It’s also significantly longer going that way from, say The Parkway at J33 than going via The Snake. Even fully loaded I use to do Tinsley Bridge (I’m sure you know where that is) to this end of the M67 in just over an hour and a half. Going via the 628 you’ve best part of 2 hrs if not longer with not getting above 35mph. At least on The Snake the traffic is light and you can flog it some although it’s definitely not a road for lightweights (drivers).

bit of local knowledge, the average speed cameras from the m1 to the end of stocksbridge bypass are set at 60mph.
nobody local would even consider going into sheff unless they had to, i did 35a to salford quays in under 1.5 hours both ways last wednesday although that was at 10.00 in the morning and 8.00 at night so missed the heavy traffic, it was through the roadworks though.
not sure how you’d end up on tinsley bridge?

Besides, as an agency driver, traffic hold ups are like a magnet to me, as it helps to drag out the job and crank up the hours and the overtime payments :wink: :wink:

paul b:
not sure how you’d end up on tinsley bridge?

You obviously don’t know where Tinsley Bridge is then. :unamused: The company, not the bridge. And I thought you did steel work… :unamused:

i know exactly where it is, just can’t favom out why you’d be that way on going to manchester :confused: perhaps you know sheff better than i do :wink:

paul b:
just can’t favom out why you’d be that way on going to manchester :confused:

I don’t see what’s so difficult in running down a bit of dual-carriageway into the centre, across a couple of islands and up a hill to get on The Snake?? It’s the most direct route, is free of traffic, speed cams and you can get your toe down.

I do Tinsley M1 J34 to Freightliner manchester J9 M60 quite often the longest it’s ever taken me is 2 hrs 10 min and that was when the M62 was closed. Usual time is 1 hr 40min, quickest 1hr 30 min. That’s with a 20 container loaded with Scrap metal.
But being a newbie I’m obviously doing something wrong and will try to take longer in future.

Rob K:

paul b:

I don’t see what’s so difficult in running down a bit of dual-carriageway into the centre, across a couple of islands and up a hill to get on The Snake?? It’s the most direct route, is free of traffic, speed cams and you can get your toe down.

whats that got to do with tinsley bridge?

i can only assume you’ve only driven the parkway in the midle of the night?
free of traffic and speed cams eh? thats not exactly how i’d describe it!
ever thought about a satnav? :wink:

paul b:

Rob K:

paul b:

whats that got to do with tinsley bridge?

You’ve completely missed the point. I’ve explained it 3 times now and you still haven’t udnerstood. Just forget it.

:laughing: :laughing:

I think rob is referring to tinsley bridge ltd (TBL)
on shepcote lane near exel trade team

convoy:
I think rob is referring to tinsley bridge ltd (TBL)
on (zb) lane near exel trade team

Why does shep cote lane say (zb) when
you remove the space between p and c :question: :open_mouth: