Little help please

Hi all,
Just looking for a little guidance ,
Tipping Swinton Manchester collecting Sheffield ( sorry don’t know what part )
Just wondering which is the easiest way (26 Tanner ) M62 M1 or M60 M67 A57

Thanks in advance

Woodhead pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
Woodhead pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

Happy Trucker1:
Just wondering which is the easiest way

Disagree gentlemen…

The easiest has to be M62 to M1.

I know both routes very well as do yourselves but, the OP asks for the easiest. Can’t beat top cog and cruise all the way can you. AA route planner puts the time difference at 17 minutes.

Personally, I’d go Woodhead though. Much more pictureaskew.

A57 Snake Pass - has a 7.5t restriction on it because of the condition of the road structure.

Before you decide to go the Woodhead route, check the traffic conditions from M67 through to Hollingworth - M62 MIGHT be the better option if its slow moving traffic.

yourhavingalarf:

Happy Trucker1:
Just wondering which is the easiest way

Disagree gentlemen…

The easiest has to be M62 to M1.

I know both routes very well as do yourselves but, the OP asks for the easiest. Can’t beat top cog and cruise all the way can you. AA route planner puts the time difference at 17 minutes.

Personally, I’d go Woodhead though. Much more pictureaskew.

Fair point well made :smiley:

woodhead, once you get through the villages its ok
never really liked it myself but if it suits my purpose i go that way but gets snarled up very easily

Either m62 M1 or woodhead pass both take a similar time avoid snake pass as it had a land slide while back and is 7.5 t limit now

Personally id use woodhead a 628 more scenic yes it’s a pain through hollinworth but once clear is usually a nice steady run hardly ever any hold ups

Unlike motorway route where you never know could be clear could be an accident breakdown etc holding you up.

I always seek to cross country if its viable, mainly because we spend so much time on motorways its nice for the change, and it’s not like these days we have to think about the knee pain caused by many additional gearshifts that going via the scenic route can incur… :laughing:

Notimetoulouse:
woodhead, once you get through the villages its ok
never really liked it myself but if it suits my purpose i go that way but gets snarled up very easily

Took this option
Out of Swinton onto M62 onto M60 M67 then A628 Woodhead like you say bit congested first couple of miles then bit twisty but with the weather how it is at the moment some stunning views deffo take that route again

Empty Woodhead Pass especially on a sunny day, loaded M62.

Google says 17 minus difference for a car, takes no account of a loaded lorry crawling sub 20MPH out of the bends of which there are many.

Conor:
Empty Woodhead Pass especially on a sunny day, loaded M62.

Google says 17 minus difference for a car, takes no account of a loaded lorry crawling sub 20MPH out of the bends of which there are many.

Yes agree Conor , luckily I drive a rigid and I was empty anyway , but even in a rigid I tend to use that rule , when loaded motorways if possible when empty I start to look at realistic alternatives