Road works m602 into manchester

Sure your all aware next 12 months major road work’s
from end of the m602 into manchester city centre
So be 1 lane in each direction. Instead of 2.

Had to laugh though had BBC radio Manchester on in cab.
Had some councillor on saying we apologise were improving junctions make your commute quicker when completed etc.
What made me chuckle on numerous occasions kept saying we’re working close with contractors and can guarantee be completed in the 12 months. She was then asked how come cones been out 24 hours now . And no one has been seen doing anything.
And will there be night closures 24hour working.
She went round the houses saying nothing.

So much for her working close with the contractors.

What’s the odds on it actually being completed this time next year?

Next to none, the M60 was complete some weeks ago, j7-12, j12-15 and 17-18 are still regulary closed during the night.

Just wait till they start the m5g down towards the airport its going to be a complete ■■■■■■■■■■■ for anyone trying to get out of manchester!!

I know m60 done late etc. But can anyone tell me what they have done apart from.install overhead signs. And add.an extra lane near Rochdale end

edd1974:
I know m60 done late etc. But can anyone tell me what they have done apart from.install overhead signs. And add.an extra lane near Rochdale end

Nothing. It’s the same as before.

Well, there is a concrete barrier but they seemed to give up on that at the end. J17-J15 is still the old steel barrier.

rob22888:

edd1974:

Nothing. It’s the same as before.

Well, there is a concrete barrier but they seemed to give up on that at the end. J17-J15 is still the old steel barrier.

They’ve also managed to leave the narrowest lanes in the world between M62 and the split for the M61 :open_mouth:

from observations so far they actually appear to be getting on with things at the trinity road /regent road junction . cycle lane and pavement dug up cleared and graded ready for what looks like an extra lane from trinity way onto regent road towards deansgate allowing widening of the right turn onto regent road towards the M602 which has been a bottleneck since it was built .

Latique:
from observations so far they actually appear to be getting on with things at the trinity road /regent road junction . cycle lane and pavement dug up cleared and graded ready for what looks like an extra lane from trinity way onto regent road towards deansgate allowing widening of the right turn onto regent road towards the M602 which has been a bottleneck since it was built .

If local radio is to be trusted, I’ve not been around the area for awhile, work only started last week

tommymanc:

Latique:

If local radio is to be trusted, I’ve not been around the area for awhile, work only started last week

tuesday to be precise