Best route please.

Which is best from Ellesmere Port to Stokesly South of Middlesbough.
I thought up the M6 then turn right or M62 Manchester.?Over to you.

M56, M62. M1. A19. I did it last week :smiley: Well up to hetton le hole, but went passed the boro.

m62 a1 a19 if you clear Manchester before 6am if not I would go m6 a66 m62 a pain in the ■■■ after 7am over to you :wink:

I will go with that too.Thanks.

m56, m6, a59,a1m,then up to boro

I’m genuinely not having a pop but I do wonder about us ‘professional drivers’ who need to ask these ‘best route’ questions…

neverhome73:
m62 a1 a19 if you clear Manchester before 6am if not I would go m6 a66 m62 a pain in the ■■■ after 7am over to you :wink:

Why drive past the m1 to get on the a1 when they both meet up further up ?

m6, a66, a1, a66, scenic route

redbob:
I’m genuinely not having a pop but I do wonder about us ‘professional drivers’ who need to ask these ‘best route’ questions…

Me too.

I don’t see anything wrong with asking at all. In fact the person who asks questions is more professional. In other field I’ve worked in you’re positively discouraged from not asking questions. To not ask questions is presuming you know best, can work out out by yourself and you may miss something vital. It’s called pulling on your resources. No one was born knowing it all, why find out all by yourself when there’s a wealth of experience to be tapped.

better too ask than take the scenic route.

redbob:

It is a forum - it’s good to talk :wink:
For years I used to go M25,M1,M6 for north of Carlisle. After a chat with a mate I only use M25,M11,A1,A66 now, far better route.

The query was if the M6 North was viable then take a few choices to go a scenic route and if those routes were ok for trucks.
Going up to Tebay or Penrith then head East cross country.
But camaradie died years ago.
I forgot we used to stick together.

Dave55:

redbob:

It is a forum - it’s good to talk :wink:
For years I used to go M25,M1,M6 for north of Carlisle. After a chat with a mate I only use M25,M11,A1,A66 now, far better route.

Exactly, its a good half hour quicker that way and if you’d never done it before you’d struggle to tell what was quicker looking at a map.

neverhome73:

Which is best from Ellesmere Port to Stokesly South of Middlesbough.

OK. :open_mouth:

Why ask here? surely your sat nav will tell you the best route!

Jesus ■■■■■■ wept, no wonder we are treated like absolute idiots. If you can’t work that route out for yourself by reading a bloody map or google maps then maybe you should be a wind up merchant instead. As for Mr group hug above, you are the reason these people can’t think for themselves, because they are “trained” that its not professional to think for yourself. Well get with it and get real because as a driver you will be on your own most if not all of the time and mummy wont be there to wipe your arse when you get lost and have no internet signal to ask others for help.

The whole point of the post was to call on drivers who knew the area.
I had two choices.One was going via Brough.
As i have a late booking ,there was no rush to be anywhere in a hurry.

Seems people constantly need help, can’t even decide on a simple route like that? Just get your map out and plan your own route, it’s not rocket science!

It isn’t mandatory to press “Reply” if you don’t like the question!

Then ask Trucknet to ban drivers asking for a best route.It is a trucking forum.Lots of drivers ask others the best way.
What is so wrong with that.
I have maps and Satnav.