Best route please.

redbob:
I’m genuinely not having a pop but I do wonder about us ‘professional drivers’ who need to ask these ‘best route’ questions…

Its no different to asking someone who’s on the job itself, why not utilise the service we’re all here to help , remember there’s no such thing as a stupid question, just the answers.

Truckbling:
Why ask here? surely your sat nav will tell you the best route!

Jesus [zb] wept, no wonder we are treated like absolute idiots. If you can’t work that route out for yourself by reading a bloody map or google maps then maybe you should be a wind up merchant instead. As for Mr group hug above, you are the reason these people can’t think for themselves, because they are “trained” that its not professional to think for yourself. Well get with it and get real because as a driver you will be on your own most if not all of the time and mummy wont be there to wipe your arse when you get lost and have no internet signal to ask others for help.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gotta laugh at the Mr Angry, Billy Big Trucker types. You’re probably one of those who stands watching someone struggle to reverse in somewhere.

in the days before sat nav and the web , it was routine to ask other drivers for their opinions on the best routes, it was the sign of a good driver that he would ask before making a ■■■■ up and going the long way around.
Yes you can read a map but I haven’t seen many that highlight bottlenecks and similar, whereas another driver may know of places best avoided.

Left hand down!:

neverhome73:
m62 a1 a19 if you clear Manchester before 6am if not I would go m6 a66 m62 a pain in the ■■■ after 7am over to you :wink:

Which is best from Ellesmere Port to Stokesly South of Middlesbough.

OK. :open_mouth:

he’s forgot to put a comma after A66, as in M62 is a pain in the arse after seven! :sunglasses: me personally depending on time would go m56, m60 Stockport way, depending if there’s traffic up simister Island go off at chadderton and follow to jct 20 m62! :laughing: wave at DVSA ( vostapo :grimacing: ) as you indicate right and jib up the A1 to dishforth then A19 then A174 :sunglasses: many ways to go, if it’s quiet M56, M6, M62 keeping the wheels turning, means me wagons earning! :grimacing: we stuck together on the coal in 1976, :unamused: HANDBALLING it on to the cart, whilst feeding the solitary horse! :grimacing:

Anyone can simply look at a map and select the most straight forward route, so what’s the problem with asking to gain a more in depth perception of the route? And maybe learn a little too. If one driver is a regular on certain roads he can advise "avoid X area between X o’clock and whenever !! Then anyone reading the thread has learnt a little more! Do you consider constant education a bad thing ■■

Woodhead, M1, A1 just because I bloody hate the M62, especially with the roadworks.

Thanks for the replies.