M62 @ west York jct 26

Anyone know what the crack is? People are telling me it’s murder, and the passes are gridlocked to.

According to the local newspaper it looks like all lanes are blocked Westbound around Hartshead Moor Services and it’s going to be closed for quite a while :open_mouth: Rather you than me mate :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;
halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/lo … -1-4770514

Wagon gone over earlier today west bound. East bound = rubber kneckers

It’s what’s commonly known as fubar. Just like Chester yesterday. So glad I wasn’t stuck in that one

Cheers lads…

Ffffffuuuuuuuuu !!!

All these roadworks sections for miles with 50mph limits and average speed cameras are downright dangerous.

What happens is you enter the 50 zone, and drop to 50, then loads of people carry on going past because they don’t give a ■■■■ about the speed limits.
Then they see average speed cameras and drop to 38mph, creating a box around your truck, so there’s nowhere to go, if anything happens, a tyre goes, a mechanical failure etc, it’s going to be carnage, if people dropped to 50 at the sign rather than at the camera, there’d still be nice buffers, but everyone is far too important for that, those extra milliseconds.

Then you’ve got those that just run through on the limiters using the 10% + 2 reasoning, but there’s nowhere for them to go, so they sit 2mm off the arse of the car in front.

Left immingham at 04:30 this morning arrived at Heywood at 10:15 due to the accident. I came to a stop on top of jct 26 at around 6ish and about 7 the plastic police turned us around on the motorway to exit at jct 26 then it was a chew on through dewsbury on to the A62 and then back on at 25. From what the plastic copper was saying ther was a container truck on its side blocking all 3 lanes. East bound was also ramed from the golf course at Huddersfield

tanktrotter:
Left immingham at 04:30 this morning arrived at Heywood at 10:15 due to the accident. I came to a stop on top of jct 26 at around 6ish and about 7 the plastic police turned us around on the motorway to exit at jct 26 then it was a chew on through dewsbury on to the A62 and then back on at 25. From what the plastic copper was saying ther was a container truck on its side blocking all 3 lanes. East bound was also ramed from the golf course at Huddersfield

Does appear to be a container truck in the picture in the link davepenn54 provided above.

stevtel:
It’s what’s commonly known as fubar. Just like Chester yesterday. So glad I wasn’t stuck in that one

Have u noticed the common link, always a truck involved :grimacing:

speedyguy:

stevtel:

Have u noticed the common link, always a truck involved :grimacing:

I think there’s a lot more accidents that don’t involve trucks, than those that do, just they don’t close the road

Just to report:

It’s a white merc operated by EVSUK. Don’t know how it’s happened but the rear of the box it’s lying on top of a white Audi which is facing the wrong way, totally flat. 100% fatal.

itv.com/news/calendar/story/ … m62-crash/

Newspaper just updated :-

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Newspaper just updated :-

Regards
Dave Penn;

Yep, both in car are dead, that doesn’t surprise me considering the cars a pancake.

The westbound carriageway on the M62 is due to be closed until later this afternoon
Two people have been killed in a crash on the M62 in West Yorkshire.

Police said a lorry and an Audi collided and the two occupants of the car, a 46-year-old man and a woman aged 43, from Bishop Auckland, near Durham, died at the scene.

The westbound carriageway has been closed between junction 26 at M606 Chain Bar and junction 25 at Brighouse.

The Highways Agency said there were delays in both directions, with about 10 miles of tailbacks.

The carriageway is expected to be closed until the afternoon.

Police said they were investigating how the Mercedes lorry and white Audi A5 collided.

The driver of the HGV, a 43-year-old man from North East Lincolnshire, has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.

A number of surrounding roads are experiencing heavy delays as a result. Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is being urged to contact the force.

As to be expected all road that can be used as a diversion are rammed.

Although I’ve just been on the bradford ring at top of M606, no queues going to chain bar

But we have had a loss of 2 lives and an injured HGV driver so a little bit of hassle is a lot beter than a loss of loved ones.

I find it strange, that the result of car v truck, the truck ends up on its side.
I feel sorry for the occupants of the car, but that should not happen, been to many recently to be down to mechanical faults.
More to do with the hgv drivers running out of talent maybe!

weeto:
I find it strange, that the result of car v truck, the truck ends up on its side.
I feel sorry for the occupants of the car, but that should not happen, been to many recently to be down to mechanical faults.

When something happens, your natural reaction is to - well - react, now, in a truck, as you know, this can cause some serious unstability.

This was a container wagon, no idea what was in it, and neither will the driver have had, and as I said before, too many stupid, selfish, self important idiots on the road who don’t think about consequences whilst in their cocoon, their little safety bubble.

I don’t want to speculate on this particular accident, I’m just saying that sometimes ■■■■ happens, and to avoid a muppet you may end up endangering yourself and everyone else around.

weeto:

why?
grabbing a handful of wheel in the truck, can easily start of the momentum to end up in the worst case scenario.
dependant on load, speed, road conditions and the like. we all know the unpredictability of whats inside, and how a container may have been loaded.

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/r … s/2095403/

Trying to work out from the image what has happened to have the Audi facing that way